At Amazon, our goal is to develop ground-breaking PC games that become cultural touchstones, that redefine the boundaries of player experience and that change the way the world sees digital entertainment. Join us, and you’ll have the power of Twitch, Amazon Web Services, and the entire Amazon ecosystem to shape the future of games. We believe in a future of immersive, highly engaging game experiences that will collectively cut across age, gender, and nationality. You share our belief and are among the top few technical elite in the world. Amazon Game Studios is looking to take risks and invent! We want people that are driven to make the best games in the industry.
This is a rare opportunity to help shape the foundation of a brand new AAA game title! Come lead the development of the services that support Crucible, the upcoming release from Amazon Game Studios. You will work directly on Crucible game services and lead a high performing engineering team utilizing AWS technologies to design, implement, and own the platforms and services that support the game and our customers. As a successful candidate, you have a track record of delivering and maintaining quality services, and leading teams on successful products.
As a Software Development Manager, you will be expected to:
· Lead the architecture and engineering effort for the back-end services that support Crucible.
· Lead the development of project plans and commitments, and then deliver consistently against those commitments.
· Excel at both verbal and written communication, customer focus, and collaboration with game developers and designers to deliver the best product.
· Be a champion for the gamer: Build games that thrill and entertain our players and create new ways to delight customers.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.
· 2+ years of people management experience.
· 5+ years of professional software engineering experience, working on multi-discipline teams.
· Key contributor to a production service built on AWS.
· Strong Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, algorithms, and data structures.
· Familiarity with AWS technologies and service development.
· C++ development experience.
· Lumberyard 3D game engine development experience.
· Experience working on large scale, commercial online game services.
· Experience working in Agile/Scrum.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.