The role of the Principal is to drive product and feature roadmaps for Amazon’s Android Appstore. In this role will work key areas of our business including pricing, customer acquisition, store experience, community features and new business development. Additionally the group is responsible for the continued success of our “Amazon Coins” product which is closely integrated with the Android Appstore but also an important feature of our Appstore on Fire tablets.
You will execute on your roadmap in close partnership with a dedicated engineering organization under an experienced technical leader who will be your most immediate peer and counterpart. In addition to your direct remit you will play an important role in the overall leadership team for Amazon’s Digital Apps, Games and Services (DAGS) group. As a key product leader you might at times be expected to share your expertise and input on any part of our activities which include managing content and experiences for Amazon’s devices as well as a growing number of services for Android and iOS developers, for example “GameOn” which is aimed at the growing world of mobile competitive gaming.
Amazon’s place in the mobile app and game segment is uniquely competitive and challenging and you will be responsible for working closely with multiple teams within Amazon (but particularly business development) to innovate and follow through on new business models intended to reinvent how customers engage with the digital world.
· Customer acquisition and engagement for Amazon’s Android Appstore
· Customer acquisition and engagement for Amazon Coins
· Spearhead new product development for Digital Apps, Games & Services
· Create, track and deliver aggressive financial and other KPI based goals related to Android Appstore and Coins
· Disrupt the mobile app and game space for the benefit of customers, developers, and Amazon.com (in that order)
· Create a step change in the number of customers who interact with Amazon as part of their app or game experiences
· Partner with business development colleagues to influence senior leaders of the largest app and game companies in the world.
The immediate team is co-located in Seattle WA and Irvine CA but Appstore also has key sites in India, Japan, and across Europe.
· Bachelor’s degree
· 7+ years product management or similar field of experience
· Experience hiring and developing teams
· 4+ years in mobile apps and games or a related area
· Training or direct experience in machine learning
· Excellent written and verbal English skills
· Excellent numerical and analytical skills with a strong grasp of analytics and data driven decision making
· Strong sense of urgency and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
· A rich history of product or general management with multiple successful businesses, products, services or features overseen from conception to maturity.
· Demonstrated ability to think innovatively and be disruptive on behalf of customers.
· Strong people management and organizational skills
· Be customer obsessed with ability to manage and execute against aggressive goals.
· Demonstrated ability to communicate ideas with conviction and clarity
· Demonstrated ability to influence and collaborate with colleagues in multiple partner teams at HQ and around the world.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age