External job description
Are you interested in a challenge that will reward your unique blend of business and technology skills? Are you excited by the opportunity to be central in addressing significant business-impacting processes and products? Do you enjoy the challenge and ownership that comes from delivering large, cross-functional, IT projects? As a Technical Program Manager (TPM) for Global IT, you will have the opportunity to play a pivotal role in the future of how our internal customers access enterprise services and systems.
As a Technical Program Manager you will facilitate the successful integration and on going product life cycle of the Amazon Enterprise Anywhere (AEA) multi-factor authentication (MFA) platform for Global IT. This role requires program and project management experience, from administrative functions to ensuring projects in the program are being executed within budget, on schedule, to the right quality bar and constantly evaluate the value proposition. The Technical Program Manager will be the primary point of contact for aligning customer and technical services requirements for Global IT by partnering with AWS Corporate Systems.
The successful TPM will be responsible for:
· Manage and own complex projects having enterprise wide impact.
· Drive adoption of AEA through the deployment of Amazon's MFA key in line with the 2019 goals
· Evaluate the current AEA roadmap against our customer requirements and prioritize the deliverables for 2019.
· Partner with the service owner to identify features and bring to completion through software development practices.
· Conduct pre-project requirement gathering, scoping, project approval, planning, delivery and verification of strategic goals.
· Develop gap analysis, functional specifications, project schedules and milestones.
· Work with stakeholders to identify resources needed, assemble project teams, and assign responsibilities.
· Assess costs, benefits and risks, plus identify and respond to risks and high-priority issues rapidly and effectively through effective action and appropriate escalation.
· Balance business needs with technical and security constraints.
· Clearly communicate goals, responsibilities, issues and status to team members and stakeholders.
· Lead and streamline MFA changes ahead of production and track the impact post production to validate success.
· Build effective relationships with stakeholder and service owners.
· Manage MFA key transition by ensuring changes are evaluated, prioritized, resourced, financially assessed, piloted and released through a gated process which includes IT support and engineering.
· Publish regular reports to maintain visibility and accountability across the wider Unfabric program.
Success in this role will require the skills listed:
· Excellent project and program management skills
· You thrive in the face of ambiguity
· Able to successfully prioritize multiple projects
· Create and successfully drive strategic initiatives to conclusion
· Able to build trusting relationships and influence without authority
· 7+ Years’ Experience of Enterprise Level Program Management [leading or operating]
· 5+ Years’ Experience of Managing Enterprise Level Network Infrastructure or Systems
· 5+ Years Management of large scale systems deployments.
· 5+ Years’ experience managing large, cross-functional projects with impact outside of IT.
· 3+ Years’ Experience managing software development
· 3+ Years’ Experience driving cross functional strategic initiatives
· 3+ Years’ Experience with MFA platforms and integration
· Prior Experience with Release Management and Service Transition Management.
· Bachelor’s Degree [preferably in Computer Science]
· Proficiency with MS Office, MS Project or other Program Management tooling
· Strong attention to detail and excellent analytical, written and presentation skills.
· Experience with detailed project planning, reporting, risk management and measurement.
· Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
· Experience working in a technical, metrics driven, environment.
· Strong multi-tasking skills
· Excellent organization, analytical, quantitative, and presentation skills
· Strong bias for action and "get it done" attitude
· Flexibility to travel, both domestically and internationally, and work within global time zones
· 12+ Years’ Experience of Enterprise Level Program Management [leading or operating]
· 10+ Years’ Experience of Managing Enterprise Level Network Infrastructure or Systems
· MS Windows, UNIX/Linux.
· Familiarity with information security and cloud computing.
· Experience within complex organizational settings (e.g., PMO, geographic dispersion, etc.).
· Experience mentoring and developing junior team members.
· Experience managing IT Infrastructure projects such as co-location, network deployment, production operations
· Familiarity with information security, relational databases and cloud computing
· Detail oriented, yet able to look at a wide array of choices and identify what truly matters
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.