Amazon's Legal Department is looking for a talented Associate Corporate Counsel technology attorney to support Amazon Web Services, a dynamic and rapidly growing business within Amazon.com. Amazon Web Services is at the forefront of the "cloud" computing and service industry providing IT infrastructure services such as on-demand compute capacity, storage, content delivery, querying of structured data, message queuing, and software-as-service products. This attorney will support the AWS EC2 and Storage product groups on new product development (identifying legal risks and proposing mitigation strategies and negotiating strategic and technology licensing agreements), as well as AWS Security on new products and security compliance and operational matters. The role includes participating in other Amazon.com legal projects as directed, including managing legal issues that arise in existing commercial relationships and handling pre-litigation legal disputes and inquiries.
The successful candidate must be inquisitive, enthusiastic about technology, enjoy working hard and being continually challenged, and demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations. Compensation based on experience and includes equity compensation.
· Juris Doctor (J.D.) and admitted to at least one state bar
· 2+ years of legal practice
· Familiarity with IP licensing and other technology transactions
· Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
· Sound and practical business judgment
· A proven ability to manage a large number and variety of critical projects, often in ambiguous environments
· In-house experience at a technology company
· Familiarity with open source licensing
· Familiarity with web services / cloud computing
· Familiarity with law enforcement requests / court orders