'Amazon is all-in on games, and our mission is to be the most customer-obsessed company in the games industry. We believe games are about community. Today, the communities that started in arcades, a quarter at a time, have evolved into Twitch streams with millions of viewers, and friendships first formed in-game that extend across continents. At Amazon Game Studios (AGS), we’re creating compelling games like New World, a sandbox MMO set on a supernatural continent in the 17th century, our multiplayer shooter Crucible, and our newly announced The Lord of the Rings MMO.
Amazon Game Studios is seeking a talented Events Leader to partner with our marketing and development teams to bring high quality gaming experiences to Amazon’s gaming customers. Imagine being the event lead at one of the most customer centric companies on the planet aspiring to build the next big thing in gaming. You will have the flexibility to build and execute large scale events to support the launch of our games and design great experiences for our gaming communities.
As our Event Leader, you will need to be a creative and analytical thinker with deep experience and proven achievements in large scale event experience design and execution. You will create and execute comprehensive event plans, lead by example, and make everyone around you better.
As part of the Amazon Game Studios marketing team leadership, you will be responsible for building the event strategy for Amazon Game Studios. You will be thinking really big and creatively on how to deliver amazing player experiences. At the same time, you will be able to sync our event plan to Amazon Game Studios' larger strategic goals, and maximize impressions, positive reception, and overall player and media advocacy for our games.
Within the first year, we expect this leader to:
· Gain a deep understanding of our players
· Build and begin executing an ambitious event strategy for major game releases
· Plan and execute 3 to 5 major events in the US in 2020 as the event leader and collaborate on European events as needed.
· Develop our event assets and our vendor pool
· Coordinate effectively with the rest of community, marketing, game teams, Twitch, finance and legal
· When needed, coordinate combined event presence involving other Amazon departments
· Own the relationship and negotiations with relevant event agencies and convention organizers
· Ensure clear communication and coordination across relevant teams
· Create processes to increase efficiencies as events develop into repeated workstreams
· Conduct event post-mortems
· 7+ years of experience in event management and/or consumer brand marketing
· 2 + years with a leading game publisher with experience as the event lead on consumer events.
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Management experience
· Ability to travel
· Deep experience with console or PC game community management or marketing.
· Demonstrated ability to identify and solve ambiguous problems and, in particular, a history of identifying customer needs and inventing new ways to meet those needs.
· This leader will be a big thinker who is perpetually focused on the strategy, yet is also tactical and makes sure we have excellent execution.
· Analytical horsepower to break down complex problems, and a strong will to get stuff done and deliver results.
· Ability to thrive in a high-energy, fast-paced environment.
· Ability to communicate vision and drive execution and work across the team.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity – Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age