Want to be part of a dynamic start-up environment within Amazon and build India’s no 1 e-commerce payment gateway platform and thus create history?
Amazon Pay Rewards team at Amazon India Development Center, Bangalore is for a customer-obsessed Technical Program Manager. The role requires working with product management to define business strategy, requirements and timelines as well as leading multiple cross functional development teams through design, delivery, and management and support.
The ideal candidate will be an exceptionally strong communicator, both written and verbally, and possess 7-10+ years of experience in tactical project management of highly technical initiatives, as well as strategic program management. Experience in managing data center infrastructure deployments is a plus. A Bachelor's Degree or additional technical experience is required. Candidates possessing a background in architecture/design, mechanical/electrical engineering, software/hardware engineering, data center infrastructure/operations, and/or construction, who have transitioned to a program management discipline will have a distinct advantage.
Candidate must be comfortable managing remote project delivery teams, and possess the ability to facilitate technical whiteboard sessions to troubleshoot project implementation issues, and remove barriers to project success. Being able to create cross-functional matrix-based teams, establish trust with a variety of stakeholders across multiple time zones, manage capital budgets, eliminate non-value-add activity, design solutions, remove blockers, and find creative ways to accelerate project delivery is a must.
The TPM will be fully competent in a variety of project management tools, methodologies and techniques for all phases of the project lifecycle and exhibit demonstrated experience in core project management disciplines including scope, schedule, budget, resources, quality and risk management, reporting and metric development/tracking. Other requirements include experience with MS Office, MS Project and MS SharePoint. Experience with Tableau, KanBan, Playbook, SQL and systems integration a plus.
If you meet these qualifications, exude passion, and enjoy the challenges of deploying highly technical and innovative projects at massive scale, this job is for you!
· Bachelor's Degree
· Experience defining program requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvements
· 5+ years of experience delivering cross functional projects
· 5+ years of experience in program or project management
· 5+ years of experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
· Strong technical credentials, with experience managing technical initiatives cutting across teams and organizations
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences and a strong track record of delivery of large, cross-functional initiatives
· Track record of complex and creative problem solving, relationship management, and the desire to create and build new processes
· Experience of coordinating projects across multiple teams
· Experience with teams supporting mission critical systems
· Prior experience with ITIL and Six Sigma
· Experience with streaming video and knowledge of the end-to-end digital media pipeline
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role