At Amazon, our goal is to create great PC games. We believe in ground-breaking games that can redefine the boundaries of player experience and change the way the world sees digital entertainment. Games have the power to connect people on a massive scale, and creating these experiences will produce some of the future’s most influential voices in media and art. We seek the best game developers in the world to join our team and become the architects of this vision. Join us, and you’ll have the power of Twitch, AWS, and the entire Amazon ecosystem to shape the future of games. You will work alongside talented industry veterans, including key contributors from dozens of titles: Half-Life 2, Left for Dead, Portal, Second Son, Thief, System Shock 2, Age of Empires, Dawn Of War II, Halo, The Last of Us, Gears of War, Guild Wars 2, EverQuest and H1Z1
Amazon Game Studios is looking for a skilled and creative Character Artist on our exciting upcoming project Crucible. In this role you will help execute on highly unique characters and creatures from initial ideation, all the way through to a final in game character assets.
· Collaborate with concept artists to create compelling characters that tell a story
· Sculpting a variety of genders, races, weapons, and creatures
· Produce efficient and animate-able topology
· Bake, UV, and Texture all aspects of a character
· Work closely with animation and tech-art and provide them with proper deliverables to bring characters to life
· Must be able to respond and address critique
· Take ownership of a variety of assets relating to all aspects of characters
· 1+ years of experience in an art role in a production environment
· 1+ years working with Maya, 3ds Max, or other modeling software
· 1+ years sculpting in Zbrush or Mudbox
· Experience with Substance Painter or Mari
· Experience with modern game engines like Unreal, CryEngine, Unity, Lumberyard
· Ability to sculpt convincing organic and hard surface objects
· Solid understanding of PBR and material workflows
· Strong understanding of character art production
· Solid knowledge of creature and human anatomy
· Able to accurately estimate the time to complete individual assets
· Independently self-motivated, team player with excellent communication skills
· Traditional art skills like drawing, painting, and sculpting
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
· Strong passion for gaming!
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity – Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation /Age