Amazon Game Studios is seeking a Senior Game Artist to join our team in sunny Irvine, CA. This generalist artist will work with the Art Director to establish the look for our upcoming massively multiplayer Lord of the Rings game.
We’re seeking an art style for our game that is “different at a glance” from the games and movies that have come before us. We need an artist with bravery and artistic skills to help us do something new.
As a Senior Game Artist you will also collaborate with our designers and engineers to bring innovative gameplay to life at AAA quality. You will have a broad impact, ranging from concept work to gameplay assets to the look of our UI.
What you’ll do:
· Work with the Art Director to establish an art style and reference assets for our upcoming massively multiplayer Lord of the Rings game.
· Set the standard with your individual artistic skill, then as the project advances guide others to create equivalent high quality work. Be able to contribute on everything from concept to characters and environments to UI screens as needed.
· Collaborate constantly with production artists, designers and engineers to create gameplay and visual experiences that delight players.
· Work with our engineers and technical artists to define and improve our art pipelines and set up our growing art team for success.
· Lead efforts to optimize art assets for performance and memory usage.
· 5+ years of experience in the games industry as an artist, or equivalent work in a related field
· 2+ shipped AAA game titles or equivalent work (e.g. live product development)
· Bachelor’s Degree in Art or in related field (or equivalent work experience)
· Online Portfolio demonstrating traditional art skills (figure drawing, painting, landscape, composition, perspective, etc.)
· Excellent communication, collaboration, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
· Excellent time management and work discipline.
· Expert knowledge in major DCC software tools (Photoshop/Max/Maya/Houdini)
· Expert knowledge of at least one Game Engine (Unity, CryEngine, Unreal, or equivalent)
· Experience with procedural art systems in games.
· Experience working with game UI
· Experience working with outsourcing
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity – Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age