At Amazon, we believe in ground-breaking games that can redefine the boundaries of player experience. We are looking for a Game AI Engineer to join the New World team at Amazon Game Studios, Orange County. New World is a Sandbox MMO set in an alternate version of the 17th Century.
Please have a look at our New World Trailer at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKnUBs-Ko44&feature=youtu.be
Who you are:
As a Game AI Engineer you’ll be responsible for implementing and supporting gameplay centered on enemy characters. You will work with a team of designers and animators to bring New World to life. We’re looking for a creative problem solver with a passion for gaming, someone who enjoys a challenge and is a constant advocate for game quality.
In this role you will:
· Work with designers and other engineers to develop and deploy new character behavior and game features.
· Empower game designers through rapid iteration and creation of top-notch tools.
· Assist in developing project plans and commitments, and deliver consistently against those commitments.
· Utilize flexible, scalable patterns to ensure a high-quality multiplayer experience.
· Be an advocate for the gamer: Build games that thrill and entertain our players and create new ways to delight customers.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
· 3+ years of professional C++ experience
· 2+ years Gameplay development experience, working on multi-disciplinary teams
· Experience with non-player game character programming
· Working experience in multithreaded and distributed environments
· Unity, Unreal, CryEngine, Lumberyard or other 3D game engine development experience
· Strong Computer Science fundamentals in algorithms and data structures
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity – Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation