Are you interested in joining a game developer-focused team approaching a business inflection point? Twitch Prime, part of Amazon Games, provides free games, in-game content and Twitch benefits to Amazon Prime members. To deliver this happiness, we partner with game developers who provide content from upcoming and popular video games. We’re generating a win-win proposition – Prime members get stuff from games they love, and game publishers gain new ways to engage with them. Twitch Prime launched 3 years ago and is on the cusp of explosive growth over the next three years. Come help us fuel this rocket ship.
You will drive Amazon’s Working Backward process to define the features our game developer partners require, and then work with our engineers and partners to execute and deliver them. As part of the Developer Experience team you will be responsible for defining and launching a new initiative that enables our partners to drastically scale Twitch Prime’s content offerings. You will set the direction for developer support, improving their experience, and working closely with Twitch Prime’s Partnership team to create game developer incentives. Content is king, and this role is all about enabling our game developer partners to maximize that content - and their ROI!
The successful candidate will:
· Use data and customer insights to create strategic and tactical initiatives that increase Twitch Prime’s capacity for game developers to deliver content.
· Address bottlenecks, provide customer input, anticipate and make tradeoffs and balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
· Execute initiatives by defining requirements, driving project schedules from design to release managing the production launch, and driving broader adoption rate.
· Create and execute regular feedback mechanisms for internal (operations) and external (game developer) customers.
· Keep development team deeply connected to initiatives and goals by broadcasting customer needs, customer feedback, product roadmaps, and product KPIs.
· B.S. or higher level of education in Computer Science (or the equivalent), or professional work experience as a software engineer
· 5+ years of experience owning the product lifecycle of a technology service product (SaaS, PaaS, or IaaS), or a major feature within a broader service used by engineers and technology professionals
· 5+ years of experience with AWS and/or web services technologies
· An MBA and/or a degree in Computer Science (or the equivalent), or professional work experience as a software engineer is a huge plus
· 5+ years of Product Management (tech) experience in a related industry
· 3+ years of software development experience
· Experience working as a game developer (mobile, console, and/or PC) or a strong understanding of the inner workings of game development/publishing
· Strong technical depth in areas of systems design, distributed systems architecture, understanding of server side and client side systems architectures to work with technical engineering teams
· Experience delivering consumer software products and services in a high growth environment
· Strong verbal and written communication skills; both technical and non-technical
· Strong analytic and problem solving skills
· Track record for being detail-oriented, self-motivated, and having strong follow-through from start to finish
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity – Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/ Age