US Benefits and Stock
When choosing a new employer, it is important to consider different aspects. At Amazon, we offer employees the chance to work with great people on exciting projects - with many opportunities for further development. In addition, we offer as a company a full range of benefits for our employees and their eligible dependents. These benefits may differ slightly from one location to the next, but the basic benefits and stock information for Amazon employees in the USA are described below:
- For health care we offer a choice of four medical plans as well as prescription drug benefits.
- Additionally, employees can make demands on additional dental or vision plan.
- For occupational retirement provision there is the possibility of a 401(k) savings plan with a company match.
- Additionally, we offer a company-paid life and accident coverage as well as some optional additional dependent coverage.
- Amazon employees receive a company-paid short- and long-term disability plan.
- There is also a health-care and dependent-care flexible spending account.
Employee Assistance Program
- All Amazon employees and their eligible family members can take advantage of a free and anonymous Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for work-related or private issues (e.g. legal or financial questions, family issues or other work-life topics).
- Additionally, we offer a child and elder support as well as pet assistance.
- Eligible U.S. employees can be reimbursed for qualified adoption expenses, such as adoption fees, attorney fees, court costs, and travel costs, up to $5,000 for a single-child adoption or up to $10,000 combined maximum for a sibling-group adoption.
- Our employees can flexibly shape their individual working hours in the framework of trust.
- Employees get vacation time and up to six paid personal days per year.
- Additionally, there are six annual holidays per year.
- Up to 4 weeks of paid pre-partum medical leave, followed by 10 weeks of paid maternity leave. Additionally, all new parents who have been at Amazon for a year or more can take a 6-week paid parental leave.
- Leave Share program gives parents the flexibility to share all or part of this paid parental leave with a working spouse or partner whose employer does not provide paid parental leave.
- Ramp Back Program allows new birth mothers or primary care givers to ease back to work with up to 8 weeks of flexible time and a choice of part-time options.
We want Amazon employees to think like owners, and awarding equity provides an ownership opportunity to employees. Therefore , eligible employees receive Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) from Amazon.com Inc. as part of our global compensation model. All Amazon employees participate directly in the success of the entire company.