Japan’s Benefit Program and Stocks
When choosing a new employer, it is important to consider different aspects. At Amazon, we offer employees the chance to work with great people on exciting projects - with many opportunities for further development. In addition, we offer as a company a full range of benefits for our employees and their eligible dependents. These benefits may differ slightly from one location to the next, but the basic benefits and stock information for Amazon employees in Japan are described below:
Employees can attend an annual medical examination which includes e.g. dental check-up and flu vaccination
• As saving for retirement, there is a defined contribution pension as well as an employee pension.
• Our employees additionally get the opportunity for a health and life insurance.
• In the framework of a flexible spending account, there is the opportunity for a health insurance and raising dependents.
Employee Assistance Program
• All employees can take part in the Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Amazon employees are enrolled in the Benefit Station discount program which allows access to many kind of discounted services including e.g. travel, entertainment, sports or events.
• All Amazon employees have annual paid leave which is a maximum of 14 days during the first year.
• Additionally there are more work free days for personal leave.
• An eligible employee may take up to a total of 93 days of leave for the purpose of providing care for one family member in need of care.
We want Amazon employees to think like owners, and awarding equity provides an ownership opportunity to employees. Therefore , eligible employees receive Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) from Amazon.com Inc. as part of our global compensation model. All Amazon employees participate directly in the success of the entire company.