US Benefits and Stock
There are many things to consider when deciding on your next employer. At Amazon, we offer employees the chance to work with great people on exciting projects with lots of opportunity for growth. We also provide a full range of benefits for you and your eligible family members (including domestic partners). While the benefits may vary slightly from location to location, these are the basic benefits for regular full-time, U.S. employees:
- A choice of four medical plans, including prescription drug benefits, designed to meet your individual coverage needs
- Dental plan
- Vision plan
- 401(k) savings plan with a company match
- Company-paid basic life and accident coverage as well as optional additional (and dependent) coverage at a low cost
- Company-paid short- and long-term disability plan
- Health-care and dependent-care flexible spending account
Employee Assistance Program
- Employee assistance program including dependent-care referral services and financial/legal services
- Child and Elder care assistance
- Eligible U.S. employees can be reimbursed for qualified adoption expenses, such as adoption fees, attorney fees, court costs, and travel costs, up to $5,000 for a single-child adoption or up to $10,000 combined maximum for a sibling-group adoption
- Employees earn vacation time, and up to six paid personal days per year
- Six company holidays
- Up to 4 weeks of paid pre-partum medical leave, followed by 10 weeks of paid maternity leave. Additionally, all new parents who have been at Amazon for a year or more can take a 6-week paid parental leave.
- Leave Share program gives parents the flexibility to share all or part of this paid parental leave with a working spouse or partner who's employer does not provide paid parental leave.
- Ramp Back Program allows new birth mothers or primary care givers to ease back to work with up to 8 weeks of flexible time and a choice of part-time options.
At Amazon, employees have the opportunity to become owners of the Company. We want employees to think like owners, and awarding equity provides an ownership opportunity to our employees. Eligible Amazon and subsidiary employees receive Amazon Restricted Stock Units.