We are looking for passionate and big-thinking engineers to join our team and help us build a brand-new AWS service. Quantum computing is rapidly emerging from the realms of science-fiction, and our customers can the see the potential it has to address their challenges. You will be joining what will be an exceptional team of engineers to identify and commercialize cutting-edge quantum technologies, including hardware, software and classical simulation of quantum algorithms.
The ideal candidate is one who enjoys working on complex computer science problems, and has experience building and operating cloud-scale services. This is a new technology area and you will be expected to thrive in a fast-paced and uncertain market, so being able to thrive with ambiguity and work backwards (from both customers and partners) is key.
This position presents a unique and rare opportunity to work on this fledgling technology. You don't need to have a background in quantum computing to be successful. A successful candidate will bring strong technical and software expertise, strong judgment, the ability to define breakthrough innovations, and the desire to have industry-wide impact.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science of related discipline
· Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, object-oriented design and complexity analysis
· Experience working with server-less architectures, developing complex enterprise-scale systems.
· Experience working on large-scale distributed systems.
· Experience with scalable, API-based agent or service oriented software architecture.
· Exposure to working with High Performance Computing.
· A strong interest in the field of quantum technologies.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation