At PillPack, an independently operated subsidiary of Amazon acquired in 2018, our customers come first. PillPack is committed to building the future of pharmacy and to deliver on being the earth’s most customer centric pharmacy. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you are passionate about the future of healthcare this is your chance to make history by developing strategies and mechanisms to foster a positive work environment at PillPack. We are looking for an Employee Relations Manager with a demonstrated ability to collaborate with and influence field Operations managers and HR teams; to analyze multiple levels of partner feedback to identify risks and gaps; to create, audit, and sustain positive workplace relations programs; and to design and conduct positive workplace relations training that drives best practices. This role will also work reactively on crisis-oriented situations -- sometimes traveling to sites at risk on little notice. Balancing time between projects and crisis-response is a critical component for success in the position.
The Team: Be a part of the PillPack HR team. You can expect all the challenges and benefits of being a new business at Amazon: wide-open space for improvement and innovation, a strong team, and a fast-paced environment. These will require a willingness to dive into the details, solve new problems as they arise, leverage high judgment and gut instinct, look around corners, and always obsess over customers. Everyone on the team wears multiple hats, and ownership of the employee experience is key.
The successful candidate will possess employee and labor relations expertise, excellent judgment, and highly-developed analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills. It is important to be comfortable both presenting to senior leaders and communicating with front-line associates and to have the ability to manage independent network-wide projects.
· Detect and Mitigate Risks: Apply employee and labor relations expertise to successfully identify trends, gaps, and challenges; execute solution-focused strategies and programs to mitigate risks
· Crisis Management: Work reactively on crisis-oriented partner issues under extreme time limitations while exercising excellent judgment
· Project Management: Independently own large-scale, network-wide projects delivered on time that improve frontline partner experience
· Analyze and Interpret Data: Exercise strong analytical skills using data and anecdotes to develop persuasive narratives and recommendations; demonstrated ability to define and measure success of programs
· Communicate Effectively: Rapidly produce high-quality written communications that concisely analyze problems and recommends solutions; design and deliver highly-engaging training sessions
· Collaborate: Build constructive relationships with critical stakeholders to share information and influence change
· Problem Solve: Work independently with minimal supervision, in ambiguous situations, and persevere over internal and external barriers to drive resolutions
· Work at Scale: Launch and manage sustainable mechanisms for entire networks
· Bachelor’s degree required
· 7+ years of relevant experience in employee relations, labor relations, or labor/employment law with emphasis on labor and employee relations
· Experience in distribution logistics and/or transportation industry highly desired
· Successful record of creating, improving and executing programs at scale
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, able to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously while delivering on commitments
· Outstanding communication skills in written and verbal form; extensive public speaking, training, and/or leadership communication skills
· Solid sense of accountability, high-quality judgment and sound decision-making
· Ability to handle confidential information and escalate issues when appropriate
· Ability to quickly connect with people across a wide variety of cultural and socio-economic backgrounds
· Capable of significant domestic travel, sometimes with short notice, up to 30-50% of the time.
· Skilled in MS Excel, Word, SharePoint & PowerPoint; curious about new learning technologies
· Previous experience managing operations
· Experience building and launching programs that measurably impact positive engagement
· Works well in a fast-paced environment, flexible, able to change direction quickly and manage projects through ambiguity and constant change
· Advanced degree, JD, or other specialized training in labor/employee relations