Sizmek by Amazon, acquired by Amazon in June 2019, provides advertisers and agencies with solutions to create, distribute, measure, and optimize their messaging. Our global ad server delivers ads across mobile, web and video at massive scale, and our customers benefit from creative authoring tools, advanced analytics, and dynamic creative optimization based on machine learning.
If you want to invent the future for how advertisers connect with customers, this is the place for you.
As a senior engineer working at Amazon, you will play a key role in technically leading teams in building software products and features from the ground up. You will lead the technical architecture of your team but also use your experience and skills to influence other adjacent teams/organizations. You will use a wide range of technologies, programming languages and systems and your responsibilities will include all aspects of software development. You will have the freedom and encouragement to explore your own ideas and the reward of seeing your contributions benefit our customers worldwide.
We are seeking engineers who want to be inventors not order-takers, people who care about customers and come up with ideas to better serve them. We particularly appreciate engineers with experience of DevOps, running what they build, paying attention to the operational excellence of our systems, and continually driving improvements. We care more about skills and experience than your knowledge of any particular technology. We value experience with high-scale, low latency distributed systems.
You’ll also have opportunities to travel to our other product and engineering offices in Herzliya (on Israel’s Mediterranean coast), and Krakow (Poland).
· Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
· Evidence of working with algorithms, data-structures, efficiency, concurrency, performance optimization, object-oriented development and design patterns.
· Experience of technically leading at least 1-2 software engineering teams through the full SDLC in an Agile environment
· You actively lead code reviews, design reviews, automated testing, whiteboard discussions, back-of-the-napkin designs at lunch, and random chats in the hallway about awesome ideas.
· Experience taking a leading role in designing, building and implementing complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers, including understanding of OS fundamentals, cloud computing, and large-scale and high-availability distributed architectures.
· Experience leading & influencing software engineering best practices within your team and across others for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Experience mentoring software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
· Strong analytical and excellent problem solving skills
· Strong written and verbal English communications skills
· Experience using AWS infrastructure such as EMR, Kinesis, SQS, S3 etc.
· Experience with building stream-processing systems, using solutions such as Storm, Spark-Streaming, Apache Flink etc.
· Good knowledge of Big Data querying tools, such as Athena, Hive or similar.
· Experience with Spark SQL.
· Experience with NoSQL databases, such as Couchbase, HBase, Scylla.
· Experience with various messaging systems, such as SQS, Kinesis, Kafka or RabbitMQ
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on objective criteria including your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all sections of society irrespective of colour, race, religion or belief, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, sex, marital status, disability, age or trade union membership. Please let us know if you have any special requirements in relation to this recruitment process.