Job Title: SDE Intern
At Amazon, we hire the best minds in technology to innovate and build on behalf of our customers. The intense focus we have on our customers is why we are one of the world’s most beloved brands – customer obsession is part of our company DNA. Our interns write real software and collaborate with a select group of experienced software development engineers (SDEs) who guide interns on projects that matter to our customers.
Interns at Amazon Brazil work 6hs a day (30hs/week) for 12 – 24 months. As an intern, you will be matched to a manager and a mentor. You will have the opportunity to influence the evolution of Amazon technology and help with critical projects early in your career. Your design, code, and raw smarts will contribute to solving some of the most complex technical challenges in the areas of distributed systems, data mining, automation, optimization, scalability, and security – just to name a few. In addition to working on an impactful project, you will have the opportunity to engage with Amazonians for both personal and professional development, expand your network, and participate in activities with other interns throughout your internship. No matter the location of your internship, we give you the tools to own your project and learn in a real-world setting. Many of our technologies overlap, and you would be hard pressed to find a team that is not using Amazon Web Services (AWS), touching the catalogue, or iterating services to better personalize for customers.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
* Collaborate with experienced cross-disciplinary Amazonians to conceive, design, and bring innovative products and services to market.
* Collaborate to design and build innovative technologies in a large distributed computing environment, and help lead fundamental changes in the industry.
* Collaborate to create solutions to run predictions on distributed systems with exposure to innovative technologies at incredible scale and speed.
* Collaborate to build distributed storage, index, and query systems that are scalable, fault-tolerant, low cost, and easy to manage/use.
* Ability to design and code the right solutions starting with broadly defined problems.
* Work in an agile environment to deliver high-quality software
Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field at time of application.
Knowledge of the syntax of languages such as Java, C/C++ or Python.
Knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals such as object-oriented design, algorithm design, data structures, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
Graduation Date: From december 2021
Advanced knowledge of English
Experience with distributed, multi-tiered systems, algorithms, and relational databases.
Experience in optimization mathematics such as linear programming and nonlinear optimization.
Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions.
Adept at handling ambiguous or undefined problems as well as ability to think abstractly.
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer that promotes diversity and equality in its workforce, hiring individuals regardless of gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, nationality, age or disability.