At Amazon, our goal is to develop ground-breaking PC games that become cultural touchstones, that redefine the boundaries of player experience and that change the way the world sees digital entertainment. Join us, and you’ll have the power of Twitch, Amazon Web Services, and the entire Amazon ecosystem to shape the future of games.
Amazon Game Studios – Seattle is looking for a highly motivated, talented, senior level designer with solid technical and game design skills to create accessible, fun, and competitive and cooperative multi-player levels for an exciting new entry in the competitive PC gaming shooter space.
· Gather and assess player feedback.
· Implement systems and content using an in house level design tool.
· Own the level design process for new maps from inception through final execution.
· Balance and bug fixes for live game maps.
· Produce and maintain written design documents that clearly communicate the vision for individual design elements.
· Consider user study insights, customer feedback, and market analysis in your design.
· Communicate the intent behind balance changes to the player base.
· Work with teammates to determine dependencies, and coordinate work across multiple disciplines.
· Bachelor’s degree in Game Design or equivalent professional experience.
· 1+ shipped title in the competitive gaming or shooter genres.
· 3+ years as a game designer working specifically with level design tools
· An online portfolio or electronic work samples that demonstrates your ability to turn ideas into a strong and unique creative vision.
· Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to work gracefully and have a bias for action in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment.
· A passion for competitive gaming particularly shooters and/or MOBAs
· A working knowledge and demonstrable proficiency with several game scripting systems or languages.
· 1+ shipped title in a multi-player cooperative gaming genre.
· A passion for the cooperative gaming experience.
· Experience in designing across multiple platforms.
· Self-motivated and capable of working independently.
· Committed to learning and expanding professional and technical knowledge.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity – Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age