Amazon’s Sustainability team is looking for a bright, customer obsessed, hard-working and detail-oriented candidate to join our team. This person will join and support our growing Worldwide Sustainability team.
We are seeking an experienced leader to create and own Amazon’s global circular economy strategy. This Seattle-based leadership role will work to minimize the environmental, social and financial cost of waste at Amazon and in our external supply chain. You will develop programs and projects that promote source reduction, reuse and recycling while defining key success metrics. Your scope will encompass material streams generated from Amazon’s business and waste disposal opportunities for Amazon customers. You will coordinate with several teams across Amazon to ensure we are building a better future for how material is handled after its first use.
In addition to creating an ambitious strategy, you will be work to unify internal and external stakeholders to act in concert towards a common goal. In this role, you will partner internally with operations, compliance, retail, and technical teams and partner externally with suppliers, governmental bodies and nonprofit organizations. This opportunity requires excellent project management skills, the ability to navigate ambiguous environments and a keen eye for detail. You should think constantly about how to effectively measure success using traditional and non-traditional metrics.
The candidate should be comfortable in both an ambiguous, self-sufficient role, as well as one of team support and interaction. Ownership of work is extremely important, and candidates should have a proven record of working with projects to their completion. The candidate should be motivated, agile, with strong time management and product management skills, and is technical and analytical. Experience in the full life cycle of product development is desired. The candidate should have excellent troubleshooting, problem solving skills and ability to succeed in a fast-paced, technical environment. At the core of the position is the ability to build customer-facing tools that treat waste as a valuable resource.
· Champion for maximizing the value of products and packaging at end of life
· Manage relationship with external service providers and downstream customers
· Coordinate integration with a wide variety of internal technical teams
· Develop product requirements and drive long-term product vision
· Develop and report metrics to evaluate impact
· Develop new strategies to promote Circular Economy beyond Amazon’s four walls
· Professionally communicate and present to key decision makers and leaders
· Meet with and receive feedback from project stakeholders on an ongoing basis
· Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools
· Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify issues, and devise contingency plans with your stakeholders
· Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or relevant field of study
· Previous experience in externally facing software product development.
· Minimum 8 years of relevant work experience in program/project management.
· Microsoft Excel skills including financial modeling and data analysis
· Track record of managing multiple projects simultaneously in an environment that moves quickly
· Ability to self-direct, multitask, and prioritize constantly evolving workload.
· Experience in waste management, recycling and/or second hand goods
· MBA or related Master’s Degree
· Passion for circular economy, sustainability and technology
· Innate desire for excellence in all endeavors that is infectious and sets the bar for the team
· Successful track record leading product development from idea to execution
· Experience working with policymakers and navigating government oversight
· Attention to detail in process improvement and data analysis.
· Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
· The candidate must also be a strong leader who can drive consensus and be an excellent communicator who can articulate program recommendations and tradeoffs to senior executives.
· Experience with SQL, ETL and data warehousing concepts
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.