Twitch Prime, Amazon Prime's program for anyone who enjoys playing or watching games, needs a strong technical leader to build our next generation offerings. If you love games and can lead tech teams well, read on! Be a hero to the billions of game players worldwide by bringing them new waves of loot and fresh experiences. Your mission, if you choose to accept, is to deliver joy to Prime members through game content from upcoming and popular video games around the world.
Twitch Prime is looking for a highly-motivated and enthusiastic Senior Manager, Software Development. You will be joining a fast growing, quickly evolving Customer Experience team, so the ability to build a team and impact new product development is critical. If you are the right candidate, you will possess a strong program management and engineering background, will have demonstrated experience leading large projects and cross functional teams. You will have a well-rounded technical background. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and resolve ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done. As a leader, you will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
Amazon is all in on games, and Twitch Prime is one of a series of disruptive new initiatives that highlights our investment and dedication to the industry and its players. Twitch Prime, launched on September 30, 2016, is both the premium version of Twitch and includes a series of new benefits available to all Amazon Prime members geared at making Twitch Prime a home for all gamers. We believe the evolution that began with arcade communities a quarter at a time, growing to the live streams and eSports of today, will continue to a future in which fans are creators, players are celebrities, and games are a global cultural touchstone that cuts across age, gender, and nationality.
The leader in this role will lead and mentor their team and drive the design, development, testing, deployment, and maintenance of technologies to support our goals. You're results-oriented – you rally your team to meet their commitments to each other and to customers. Setting the strategy is not enough. Seeing your solutions ship, scale and make a measurable impact on customers’ lives fuels you. All while having fun.
If you have the programming chops, the leadership skills, the business savvy, and a passion for video games then this role is for you.
· Raise the bar on technical excellence, show thought leadership, and communicate well to different audiences.
· Oversee the management of a team of engineers to plan, design, and deliver complex systems
· Be a leader of leaders, mentoring and developing managers.
· Work closely with the business leaders to translate functional requirements into technical requirements.
· Establish a consistent project management framework and excellent development processes to deliver high quality software, in rapid iterations, for business partners in multiple geographies.
· Be responsible for mentoring and developing engineers.
· Represent the technical organization and evangelize the work to senior leadership.
· Lead design reviews, providing direction and feedback on architecture and design issues, as well as system integration, performance, and scalability issues
· BA/BS in computer science, engineering or mathematics.
· 10+ years of engineering experience.
· 7+ years of engineering management or technical lead experience.
· Technical product management experience.
· Experienced in launching new products.
· Strong systems architect skills.
· Advanced knowledge in performance, scalability, enterprise system architecture, and engineering best practices.
· Can build and deliver complex systems that leverage our technology platform and work well with other company systems.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Strong project management skills.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age