Work hard, have fun and make history with Amazon Public Policy. The Senior Manager, State and Local Public Policy, will lead state and local public policy activities on emerging technology issues. Like our business interests, our policy issues are broad, forward-thinking, and driven by what is best for our customers.
The Senior Manager, Public Policy, will work to obtain and maintain regulatory flexibility for Amazon’s products and services. S/he will work closely with the managing Senior Manager, Public Policy, and others, to represent Amazon on digital commerce and consumer protection related issues before state and local governments to preserve, establish, and enhance communications with policymakers on issues related to our business.
The Senior Manager will work collaboratively with relevant legal and business teams to ensure alignment between business priorities and public policy goals. They will assess and anticipate public policy matters, oversee and coordinate external advocacy efforts, outreach programs, and key initiatives. This position will report to the Senior Manager of State and Local Public Policy and work closely with other public policy and legal team members.
This position will be based in Washington, DC.
· BA/BS required
· At least 10 years of relevant public policy experience and a keen working understanding of the US state and local policymaking process and government relations
· Law Degree or relevant Master’s Degree
· Demonstrated ability to be both a substantive issue expert on matters related to Amazon’s business and a manager of complex political relationships
· Strong written and verbal communication skills and experience creating and effectively delivering factual, relevant, and easily understandable talking points and other messaging
· Experience identifying and understanding key technical aspects pertaining to corporate operations in state and/or local political environments, understanding business implications, and synthesizing information for internal and external customers, and recommending a best course of action
· Demonstrated ability to effectively and comfortably interact at the highest corporate, state government, and regulatory agency levels
· Ability to maintain the highest personal levels of ethical conduct, confidentiality, and integrity
· Significant domestic travel
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.