The Kindle Books team is looking for a Software Development Manager (SDM) to lead the Print-on-Demand Expansion team located at HQ2 in Arlington, Virginia.
Amazon has changed the way books are published, sold, and read across the globe. Independent authors and enterprise publishers are now able to publish and sell direct to readers through Kindle and print-on-demand (POD) offerings, enabling them to reach audiences never before available. Our aim is to make any book in in any language available in sixty seconds. POD offers always in-stock for any title with print facilities worldwide and leveraging Amazon fulfillment services. Come be a part of changing the way the world reads by leading expansion technology for POD.
Amazon is looking for a talented and enthusiastic Software Development Manager to join the Make-on-Demand Technology (MOD Tech) organization. We are looking for candidates who are passionate about delivering a world-class POD experience to new customers in new geographies and across new sales channels, allowing content creators to expand their reach and earn more.
As a Software Development Manager you will be responsible for managing the team’s multi-pronged roadmap, working with diverse stakeholders to deliver the right things at the right times, managing the development process and engineering operations, and managing the team. You will own the relationships with product managers, business, and support teams. You will partner with peer SDMs driving the web experience, title ingestion, manufacturing, fulfillment, and accounting of POD units worldwide and at Amazon scale.
The ideal candidate will have a background in computer science, an affinity to being a leader, experience running software teams with Agile methodologies, and experience owning a product roadmap along with a technical vision.
· BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field
· Minimum 5 years of experience managing software development teams
· Minimum 8 years total software industry experience, including hands-on development and/or team management
· Full lifecycle software development team management experience, from inception to delivery, through production operations
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Excellent project management skills
· Experience with the Scrum or Agile methodology
· Experience with Amazon AWS
· Ability to design software that can run in the cloud and handle Amazon-scale traffic
· Quickly adapt to new development environments and changing business requirements
· Ability to work in multiple code-bases in a away-team model
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation