This is an exciting opportunity to join Amazon's world class technical team that supports the Intelligence Community (IC) in either Herndon VA, or Seattle WA! Come work with some of the best and brightest engineers and technical managers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative technology companies anywhere.
· The System Engineer position will be responsible for:
· Building, launching, and maintaining a suite of AWS services that provides the IC with state of the art storage solutions.
· Install and configure operating systems, applications, software, and system management tools
· Develop scripts and code to automate routine tasks
· Manage and maintain Continuous Deployment Pipelines
· Manage and monitor systems’ health and status
· 24 hour/7days operations with an on-call rotation
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or relevant work experience
· Experience in 24x7 production environments
· 5+ years Linux experience
· 5+ years technical support or development experience
· 2+ years of experience creating, modifying, and troubleshooting scripting (PowerShell, logon scripts, bat files, Java, and/or VBScript)
· This position requires that the candidate selected be a U.S. citizen and must currently possess an active Top Secret security clearance. The position further requires that, after start, the selected candidate obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph and satisfy other security related requirements.
· Knowledge of TCP/IP and networking protocols such as HTTP and DNS
· In depth scripting skills with a focus on automation
· Experience with IT Lifecycle
· Experience managing large server fleets
· Experience with hardware and software load balancing technologies
· Experience with file and storage structures
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age