Calling all inventors! Sponsored Products Supply team is re-imagining how customers interact with sponsored content on Amazon. We are seeking a Sr SDE with a passion for innovation and customer obsession to help define our vision and lead the engineering roadmap.
If you are looking to make an impact, this is the space for you. Here you will have an opportunity to be a part of a rapidly growing, multi-billion dollar business with a direct impact on how Amazon customers discover products and navigate through their shopping journey.
Sponsored Products Supply team is tasked with defining and evolving the Customer Experience on Amazon when it comes to product advertising. This is a largely untapped space for Sponsored Products and we have a broad mandate to explore, experiment, and invent. We are designing and developing brand new, large scale, distributed systems for holistic optimization at both the page and session level, intelligent advertising density management, UI optimization, and personalization. We strive to understand customer intent and provide a tailored experience to help customers accomplish their goals.
As a Sr SDE you will collaborate with product and engineering teams to not only help us meet our immediate objectives, but also define and implement a long term system architecture that will allow us to grow well into the future. You will partner with teams across the greater Sponsored Products organization, as well as external publishers and content providers. You will collaborate with other senior/principal engineers to define our engineering vision, while providing guidance to more junior members of the team in order to realize that vision.
SP Supply team consists of a talented group of engineers, product managers, data scientists, and a 2 year old German Shepherd named Ava. Most of our tech stack was built from scratch over the last couple of years, which means we are not bogged down by maintenance of legacy systems. We invest heavily into operational excellence and keep technical debt to a minimum. If you are an individual who is looking for an opportunity to lead, invent, design and build, while making a huge impact on Amazon and its customers, this is the perfect time to jump onboard.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
· 4+ years of professional software development experience
· 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
· Strong Computer Science fundamentals (data structures & algorithms)
· Strong Object Oriented design skills
· Knowledge of scalable, distributed systems and service oriented architecture
· Passion for innovation to build great customer experiences and create big impact for Amazon
· Familiar with techniques in ML space and have insights to apply the right solution to problems at hand
· Ability to deal with ambiguity and innovate and simplify
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Excellent analytical skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.