AWS Finance team is looking for a highly motivated business analyst to work with stakeholders in developing our financial operating system. This position requires a proactive, highly motivated individual with an aptitude for creativity, critical thinking, and modeling. This person will be expected to take ownership and drive positive change.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter who is comfortable with ambiguity, is analytical, detail oriented and possesses the ability to work well with cross-functional teams including world-wide AWS, finance, and software development teams. This is a unique and rare opportunity to help shape finance technology, product, and business.
Primary responsibilities for the job include:
· Proactively and independently work with stakeholders to construct use cases and associated standardized outputs.
· Translate complex or ambiguous business problem statements into analysis requirements.
· Create robust documentation and communication of projects.
· Provide analytical support for AWS Finance and systems teams.
· Develop and deploy metrics to answer key business questions.
· Work closely with senior leadership to understand business challenges, and provide data/analysis for better decision making.
· Communicate complex analysis and insights to senior leaders, both verbally and in writing.
· Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Computer Information Systems, Engineering, Operations Research, Mathematics or other business/analytical disciplines or equivalent experience
· 4+ years of relevant professional experience as a Business Analyst, Data Analyst, or related
· Strong proficiency in SQL, Microsoft Excel, Tableau, and statistical analysis tools
· Master’s degree in BI, Finance, HRIT, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Finance or related field required
· Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate across business areas
· Proven experience using a variety of business intelligence reporting tools (OBIEE, Business Objects, Cognos, Tableau, MicroStrategy, SSAS Cubes, etc.)
· Working knowledge with Redshift & Quicksight
· 4+ years of experience in creating detailed Business Requirement Documentation
· Strong operational business understanding, including potential impact of business decisions on various internal/external stakeholders and systems
· Advanced understanding of best practice analysis, programming and visualization techniques.
· Understanding of the AWS business
· Maintain a high level of attention to detail, the ability to work independently, adjust priorities, and work in a continuously changing environment
· Experience working with cross-functional teams
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation