Amazon.com's long-term vision is to enable a seamless experience for all Amazon customers worldwide on any Amazon website or device, in any language and for any culture. This extends to make products from any market available in any market.
Our team is responsible for building next generation services that will re-define international trade at Amazon. Specifically you will be leading innovation on product discovery at expansions team. We improve how shoppers around the world discover and purchase global merchandise. We are building new services responsible for enhancing the international shopping experience. Our mission is to provide a one-stop shopping experience to international customers that includes:
· Build solutions that reach millions of new customers all over the world, providing them with a world class shopping experience in their local language, payments, and currencies
· Drive customer experience technology for supporting customers all over the world.
· Work closely with the business to define the expansion strategy and figure out innovative solutions to help this thriving business continue to its exponential growth
The role requires you to be able to manage the overall software development lifecycle, which includes the following responsibilities:
· Create, prioritize, communicate, manage, and execute roadmaps, project plans, and commitments
· Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management
· Work closely with engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
· Foster culture of continuous engineering improvement through mentoring, feedback, and metrics
· Hire, coach, and mentor individuals; build a strong cross-functional organization
· Partner with a diverse customer base to understand requirements, priorities, and processes
· Propose and implement new projects or recommend system improvements.
· Own all operational metrics and support
· Have the obsession to drive a better customer experience through everything that we do here at Amazon
· Bring innovative ideas to the table every day, in order to find better ways of accomplishing our customer objectives
· Set clear, measurable quality goals for an organization in a data-driven way
About us together:
We're going to enable customers from over 77 countries to purchase products on Amazon with guaranteed shipping and import duty fees. We’re going to improve this experience by making selection available across all Amazon marketplaces, so that customers can search and browse in their preferred language and currency. Along the way, we're going to face seemingly impossible problems. We're going to argue about how to solve them, and we'll work together to find a solution that is superior to each of the proposals we came in with. We'll make tough decisions, but we'll all understand why. We'll be the dream team.
You may already know if you're a fit, but perhaps you're worried about technology and experience requirements? Don't be - we're looking for smart, proven, engineers who are managers; if you're the right candidate, we're flexible.
· 5+ years of relevant engineering experience with proven record of delivery
· 3+ years of experience with managing the day-to-day activities of an engineering team using Agile/Scrum processes & knowledge of full software development life cycle best practices
· Deep understanding of the software development lifecycle, and a track record of shipping software on time
· Passion for people management and mentoring
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience
· Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
· Hands-on technical expertise in building web services and highly scalable applications
· Solid software development background with strong fundamentals in algorithms and data structures and complexity analysis
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full SDLC, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.