Seller Fulfilled Prime is now in 13 countries. We are growing fast, with customers many other countries. Amazon’s platform is the engine that powers Amazon’s Marketplace businesses, and Sellers rely on this platform and our support to start selling on Amazon and to grow their business.
MFN enables millions of Sellers worldwide to list hundreds of millions of products and manage orders for inventory across dozens of different categories and languages. While working with millions of Sellers world wide, we constantly strive to improve the selection for Customers and the capabilities of our platform for Sellers. Marketplace Shipping Services is the enabler of the Seller Fulfilled Prime program.
You'll be designing, building & leading other engineers on cutting edge and highly distributed systems to support merchants around the world selling on Amazon. You will join a highly technical and entrepreneurial culture defining and building a selling experience to complement Amazon's world-class eCommerce websites. Selling on Amazon is one of the fastest growing businesses at Amazon.com with over half of all items currently sold originating from 3rd party merchants.
We are seeking someone who has strong technical, project and people skills with a can-do attitude and a focus on delivering high quality software. Software Development Engineer will be responsible for design, development, delivery and support of large-scale, multi-tiered, distributed software applications and tools to enable Merchants fulfill shipments to their customers.
• Candidates must have a Bachelor in Computer Science Engineering or related field.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Possess an extremely sound understanding of areas in the basic areas of Computer Science such as Algorithms, Data Structures, Object Oriented Design, Databases.
• Be able to write Amazon quality code in an object oriented language - preferably in C/C++/Java in a Linux environment.
• Candidate must have good written and oral communication skills, be a fast learner and have the ability to adapt quickly to a fast-paced development environment.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
• 2+ years professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, or Perl
• Proficiency in AWS technologies like Lambda, DynamoDB, Cloud Formation etc