Amazon Imaging builds the world’s best online shopping experience through photography, video, graphic design, and usability design enabling millions of customers to make more informed purchasing decisions. Imaging at Amazon is a large and fast-growing network of teams located throughout North America, Europe, India and Asia, focusing on fashion and product photography, photo retouching, graphic design, and image support services. We are continually innovating and setting new industry standards for showcasing 10s of millions of products across multiple global marketplaces. We are obsessed with innovating on behalf of our customers, and continually push beyond the boundaries of traditional e-commerce photography and videography.
As a Business Intelligence Engineer, you will be working with other business analysts, development and finance teams to drive the next generation of analytical and business intelligence capabilities. You’ll coordinate with our partner teams to define and build the data architecture, data mart and reporting layers to facilitate standardized reporting and deep business insight. Your expertise will enable us to standardize on taxonomy and simplify data availability for all users.
The successful candidate will be comfortable with big data structures, intimately familiar with SQL, database schema and business processes, and familiarity with Tableau. The candidate will have a strong bias towards data-driven decision-making and will be comfortable with ambiguity while working in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
· 3+ years of experience in relevant business domains, including data warehousing (understanding of relational databases, data modeling, data structures and architecture), ETL development and business intelligence tools, techniques and technology, or experience in analytics, business analysis or comparable consumer analytics solutions; development of complex reports
·Knowledge of SQL (iterative functions, windows and partitioning) and database in a business environment with large scale complex data sets.
· Proven analytical and quantitative skills (including ability to effectively use business tools such as Tableau, Excel/Access, SQL, etc.) and an ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, develop business cases, and complete root cause analyses.
· Ability to meet tight deadlines and manage multiple competing priorities; ability to work independently and navigate through ambiguous requirements
· Strong verbal and written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with creative, business and technical teams
· Inquisitive mindset, with proven problem solving ability, and a passion for big data.
· Experience in gathering requirements and formulating business metrics for reporting.
· Familiarity with AWS solutions such Redshift (or other columnar DW) and S3.
· Familiarity with Tableau
· Experience building reporting fact and dimension tables
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.