The AWS Credential and Secrets Management team is responsible for distributing and managing credentials and secrets to millions of hosts, both for external AWS customers and internally within Amazon. We are a Tier-1 service team who own and operate run some of AWS’s high scale and low latency services, which are also highly available. We are continually making innovative bets to improve customer experience for managing and protecting their credentials and secrets.
We are looking for a strong engineering leader to lead some of these critical services, including hiring and building the team and full ownership of services, encompassing product design, development and operations.
· Identify, define and drive long-term product strategy for credentials and secrets management.
· Own end-to-end product design, development and operations.
· Build and manage a team of software engineers.
· Lead, mentor and retain a best-of-class engineering team.
· Foster career growth and a strong team culture.
· Recruit, hire and coach technical staff.
· Interface with our customers and stakeholders to understand requirements, set priorities and communicate direction and progress.
· Own all operational metrics and support for your team’s software.
· Manage the agile development process and methodology to deliver incremental value to customers.
· Help develop long-term development and business technology strategies.
· Master's/Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or engineering
· Proven skills designing and developing simple solutions to complex, customer challenges.
· 7+ years' experience developing software
· 5+ years' experience managing software development teams
· Experience leading and developing highly-skilled software engineering teams
· Experience forming teams and recruiting software engineers and managers
· Good understanding of various platforms and technologies (AWS, Java, Python, C#, Ruby)
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Experience with AWS technologies
· Practical experience with software engineering best practices
· Experience with Agile software development methodologies
· Proven track record building high-performing software development teams
· Passionate about delivering the right things for your customers at very high quality
· Experience managing service-oriented software systems
· Knowledge of software security is not required, but is a plus
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Women / Minority / Disability/Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.