The AWS Shield Response and Threat Intelligence team is looking for a security engineer with deep expertise in application and network security who is passionate about research, advocacy, and protecting large-scale, production applications.
In this role, you will serve as an application and network security subject matter expert and work directly with AWS customers across industry verticals to protect applications against external threats. You will leverage your deep expertise and understanding of customer use cases to design and implement security policies that protect customers at-scale or address bespoke requirements. You will conduct both routine and reactive security research to improve customer understanding of threats, exposures, and vulnerabilities through external communication like blogs, whitepapers, and presentations. As the threat environment evolves, you will respond with rapid solutions and communication strategies that mitigate risk to customer applications and earn trust with stakeholders at all levels.
· 7+ years of experience in application and network security engineering.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or similar quantitative field, or related industry experience.
· Business level proficiency in the English language.
· Exceptional understanding of security vulnerabilities, attacker exploit techniques, and methods for remediation of such.
· Experience protecting large-scale applications using Web Application Firewalls (WAFs), network firewalls, and Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS).
· Experience designing, building or testing web and API-based architectures.
· Experience communicating technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
· Exceptional presentation and written English communication skills; high degree of comfort with technical and executive audiences.
· Experience scripting in common languages (e.g. Ruby, Python)
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer, and we value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Amazon is strongly committed to diversity and Employment Equity within the workplace and the further diversification of ideas. In this regard, the relevant laws and principles associated with Employment Equity will be considered when appointing potential candidates. We are required by law to verify your ability to work lawfully in South Africa. Amazon requires that you submit a copy of either your identity document or your passport and any applicable work permit if you are a foreign national, along with an updated curriculum vitae.