Amazon is seeking a Manager, Corporate Communications, Sustainability, to join our global Corporate Communications team. The role can be located in Arlington, VA or Seattle, WA. As a Manager, Corporate Communications, you will lead a small team of Amazonians and be empowered to create and lead high visibility public relations campaigns that explain Amazon’s work in the corporate responsibility and sustainability space.
Amazon in 2019 announced The Climate Pledge – its goal to reach the Paris Agreement 10 years early. Amazon has committed to be net zero carbon by 2040 and run on 100% renewable energy by 2030. To support this goal, the company has ordered 100,000 fully-electric delivery vehicles, the largest order ever for electric delivery vehicles, and is investing $100 million in reforestation projects around the world to begin removing carbon from the atmosphere now.
The new goals, commitments, investments, and programs build on Amazon’s long-term commitment to sustainability through existing innovative programs, including Shipment Zero – Amazon’s vision to make all shipments net zero carbon, with 50% net zero carbon by 2030; sustainable packaging initiatives like Frustration-Free Packaging and Ship in Own Container, which have reduced packaging waste by 25% since 2015; renewable energy programs; investments in the circular economy with the Closed Loop Fund; and numerous other initiatives happening every day by teams across Amazon. Visit sustainability.aboutamazon.com to view the company’s new sustainability reporting website and learn more.
· Act as a PR business partner to the Sustainability business leadership teams.
· Work closely with Global Corporate Affairs leadership and team members.
· Strategically lead the external education narrative of Amazon’s Sustainability work.
· Lead campaigns that highlight the breath, diversity and success of Amazon’s corporate responsibility programs
· Develop, build and maintain strong relationships with press contacts.
· Handle proactive PR campaigning and reactive media issues management
· Collaborate closely with Amazon Public Policy team.
· Serve as a global liaison for international PR teams, helping to coordinate international plans and launches.
· Write press releases; pitch and secure top media, including print, broadcast and online outlets.
· Work with executives and internal teams to evolve the small business on Amazon storytelling.
· Deliver strategic counsel to internal executives.
· Minimum of 6 years of public relations experience.
· Experience in corporate responsibility and sustainability communications.
· Bachelor’s degree required.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
· Have excellent written and oral communications skills.
· Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution
· Ensures integrated communications approach, considering all audiences and communications channels