Amazon’s Global Risk Management and Claims team is seeking a Risk Analyst to assist with domestic and international contract reviews, support global insurance program management, and implementation of risk management tools and techniques for new and existing business initiatives. The Risk Analyst will coordinate and leverage a global network of internal and external partners to scale department support globally by engaging with operations, finance, and legal teams.
Reporting to a Senior Risk Manager within Treasury, this position will join a technical risk team that is responsible for assessing, mitigating, and managing the global casualty risks for Amazon. Successful candidate is a strong team player with willingness to “roll up their sleeves,” is able to earn trust quickly, and is effective at managing risk with and through others.
Contract, Leases, Certificates of Insurance
· Conduct domestic and international contract reviews, confirming insurance provisions are in compliance with Amazon’s risk tolerances and insurance program, provide contract owner with suggested revisions and direct consultation with external parties as needed.
· Provide risk consultation on contractual risk transfer techniques in addition to insurance specific provisions.
· Assist in standardizing insurance and risk transfer provisions for new and updated form agreements, with a primary focus on lease, construction, vendor, and service agreements.
· Maintain contract review standards, develop guidelines and training materials for internal stakeholders.
· Provide technical consultation for certificates of insurance.
· Integrate new subsidiaries’ and acquisitions’ contracts and certificates.
New Business Initiatives
· Evaluate new business initiatives and provide risk mitigation recommendations.
· Partner with business units to forecast loss experience and insurance costs for financial modeling and budgeting.
· Provide risk management consultation and guidance to internal customers.
· Partner with internal stakeholders on insurance program changes, retentions, and exposures.
· Assist Risk Managers on collection and review of exposure information for insurance renewals, audits, forecasting, and allocation purposes.
· Manage insurance forms (TRIA, Auto UM/UIM, etc.)
· Complete and track purchase orders and payment of invoices.
· Review insurance binders, polices and endorsements to ensure accuracy.
· Identify, communicate, and champion process improvement opportunities.
· BA/BS degree, preferably in Risk Management, Finance, or other quantitative field.
· 3+ years of experience in Risk Management, commercial insurance underwriting, insurance brokerage, or similar.
· Work experience of managing global insurance programs, including Europe, Asia, and South America.
· Strong data analytics skills, including use of RMIS and computer modeling.
· Experience reviewing contracts to manage, limit, and transfer risk.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with ability to professionally communicate both verbally and in writing with employees and outside partners, recognizing and appropriately responding to others’ perspectives.
· Advanced computer skills including Word and Excel, and data analytic capabilities.
· Hands on, results driven with strong project management skills.
· Ability to challenge status quo and drive change where appropriate. Thrives on change, pace, action and accountability, and can adjust to changing priorities.
· Intellectually strong and highly analytical, with ability to use data to drive desired results and support intelligent risk taking
· Familiarity and experience with various risk management techniques.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with ability to professionally communicate both verbally and in writing with internal and external partners, recognizing and appropriately responding to others’ perspectives.
· Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders, bridging divisional, regional, and hierarchical gaps.
· Available for domestic and international travel.
· Strong negotiation skills and ability to drive negotiations to favorable results.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.