Play a leading role in operational risk improvement at Amazon.com, where we have a history and tradition of leading the world in innovative technologies and services. Amazon is seeking an experienced Risk Manager to investigate, evaluate, manage, and control worldwide product liability claims and continue the development and streamlining of global process and procedures for the reporting and administration of claims. Within the Treasury department, you will support and report to a Risk Manager. Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
Skills and Qualifications:
· Ensure timely investigation and evaluation of events that could lead to an insured claim.
· Ensure timely and accurate reporting of claims to legal counsel, Third Party Administrator (TPA), and insurance providers.
· Act as liaison between operations, food safety, product safety, finance, TPA, defense attorneys, and in-house counsel.
· Effectively communicate recommended claim mitigation strategies to cross functional and internal leadership teams.
· Demonstrated ability to analyze and drive the resolution of large losses and pending settlements.
· Oversee liability claims data for large loss submissions and address insurers’ on-going questions and concerns through claims resolution.
· Comprehensive knowledge of insurance policy provisions, practices, laws and regulations, including contract, tort, and foreign jurisdictions.
· Ability to interpret and apply laws and regulations, determine appropriate courses of action, including subrogation, present solutions, and resolve claims.
· Demonstrated knowledge of claim handling principles and the application of coverage language to fact patterns.
· Manage claims administration process for multiple jurisdictions, including foreign jurisdictions.
· Strong knowledge of statistical claims data analysis and reporting for senior leadership and use in insurance program design.
· Utilize and/or establish analytics, metrics and benchmarking through multiple sources to evaluate loss trends and cost of risk to prioritize resources. (E.g. RMIS, actuarial reports, and broker data.)
· Provide guidance and support for loss prevention matters to cross functional partners to ensure an open, proactive, and effective risk management claims culture.
· Conduct and attend internal and external claim reviews as required.
· Attend settlement hearings and trial as needed.
· Conduct claims training for internal stakeholders.
· Provide settlement authority.
· Working knowledge of Risk Management Information Systems (RMIS).
· Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
· Excellent analytical, problem solving, negotiation, vendor selection, and organization skills.
· BA/BS degree.
· At least, five years’ experience in product liability claims.
· Exceptional writing and presentation skills.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with ability to professionally communicate both verbally and written with employees and outside partners.
· Proven ability to work collaboratively both cross-functionally and vertically within an organization.
· Ability to establish credibility and work with key internal partners to ensure project completion.
· Available for domestic and international travel as needed.
· Well organized, detail oriented, and able to adjust to changing priorities.
Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
ARM, CPCU, or similar designation.
· Legal background or applicable certificiates.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.