Amazon Business Payments team is responsible for developing the platform and applications used to introduce new and innovative payment methods to customers as well as support Amazon’s global co-brand and private label credit cards along with the world’s largest rewards catalog, Shop with Points. The technology we build and operate varies widely, ranging from large scale Distributed Engineering incorporating the Machine Learning to customer and mobile friendly user experiences. We are an Agile team, moving quickly in collaboration with our business to bring new features to Amazon Business customers while having fun and bring new inventions along the way. If you can think big and want to join a fast moving team breaking new ground at Amazon we would like to speak with you.
The Amazon Business Payments team needs a world class Technical Program Manager who designs, drives, launches and owns new Amazon-branded payment methods for our customers across the many geographies where Amazon operates. The qualified candidate will own the technical strategy and platform direction for a new rewards program as well as integrations with partners and ongoing relationships with financial institutions worldwide.
This role requires working closely with businesses across Amazon, the product management team, the payments development team, and key software development teams across the company to define strategy and requirements, and then lead projects through operations design and delivery. This position involves regular communication with senior management on status, risks and product strategy. Excellent listening, writing skills and strong technical competency are essential.
The ideal candidate has thrived and succeeded in delivering broadly adopted technology products/services in a very high growth environment where priorities shift quickly. He or she is a strong leader who can prioritize well, communicate clearly and compellingly and who understands how to drive a high level of focus and excellence.
Qualified candidates have experience defining projects and features, collecting requirements, writing detailed functional and test specifications, coordinating large cross functional projects and schedules, and delivering complex projects with accurate results at high scale.
From a business and technical perspective, this TPM will:
- Have a strong track record of shaping business strategy for technical products or services
- Understand how to design scalable software
- Be conversant with internet technologies
- Communicate effectively with both business and technical partners
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit
- Exhibits excellent judgment
- Has relentlessly high standards, is never satisfied with the status quo
- Is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business
- Has passion and convictions and the innate ability to earn trust of others
- Be results oriented
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 8+ years of relevant work experience in internet-related technical program management in a software environment
- Ability to deliver initiatives from conception through completion
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects - work prioritization, planning and task delegation
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Curiosity to dig several layers deep into technical solutions with an eye toward continuous improvement
- Experience communicating (written and verbal) with technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple business units including executive level
- Experience with Agile or other program management methodologies
- Master's degree in Computer Science and/or Business Administration
- Prior experience as a software developer
- Experience with an e-commerce company or Payments software is a plus
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation