Our teams strive to make Amazon the best place for Sellers, Vendors and Brands (our customers) to reach consumers, driven by the experience and support we provide them in growing their businesses locally and globally. We leverage technology including automation, self-service, associate tools, and machine learning to both prevent Seller, Vendor and Brand contacts based on knowledge obtained during our support interactions, and to handle those contacts with quality and efficiency.
The Sr. Manager, Program Management will lead a team focused on delivering value to our customers and employees through improvements to our learning programs and products and deliver on innovative solutions with measurable impact. The candidate for this position will have experience building strategic roadmaps, have strong experience designing and implementing effective mechanisms, and is expected to develop a broad understanding of business and operations across the Selling Partner organization. The ideal candidate sees around corners, is biased for action in ensuring the team is set up for success in achieving our goals, and earns trust through broad stakeholder influence. This role will play an important role through the business planning process and will get exposure to senior leadership across the organization and within the broader Customer Trust and Partner Support organization.
The ideal candidate for this role will be:
· A strong leader focused on building and developing a successful team
· An innovator who is not afraid to dive deep on Seller pain points and experiment with new solutions
· Customer Obsessed in their approach to measure and analyze issues, and lead their team to develop scalable solutions
· A strong communicator who interacts with stakeholders across levels and geographies to gather input and feedback
· Able to leverage and build data insights to analyze and isolate issues, develop solutions, and prioritize opportunities
· Flexible to changing priorities, open to new ideas
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
· 10+ years project/program management is required
· 5+ years of experience leading teams delivering on large, cross functional projects
· Experience developing operational process and technologies to drive measurable improvement across an organization
· Demonstrated ability to deliver strategic results across diverse cultures from inception to completion
· Bachelor degree
· Travel up to 10% of the time
· Master’s degree is preferred
· Experience with adult learning theory, human performance improvement, or knowledge management
· Proven ability to negotiate agreement and build effective teams
· Ability to deal with ambiguity and competing priorities
· Ability to actively use data to track, trend, and manage improvement efforts
· Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
· A strong focus on internal customers’ needs and satisfaction, with an emphasis on demonstrating return on investment in training. A qualified candidate will be focused on how training contributes to the company’s bottom line and will have the analytical skills to justify programmatic decisions with data.
· Experience working in or supporting an operations environment