Amazon WW Operations recently formed a centralized Risk Intelligence team to partner with Amazon’s WW Transportation & Logistics leaders to identify and mitigate risk in a rapidly growing and complex, global environment. We are looking for a talented Senior Compliance Assessment Program Manager to develop assessment standards and conduct deep dives of transportation & logistics programs with the goal of identifying and eliminating risk. You will support Amazon’s Transportation & Logistics teams by developing an assessment program that incorporates regulatory and Amazon minimum standards.
As part of the WW Trans & Logistics Risk Intelligence team, you will develop processes and technology that continuously inspects and evaluates the overall effectiveness of the applications and processes owned by WW Ops Transportation & Logistics businesses. The Risk Intelligence team will be expected to partner on the front lines to advice, educate and develop our WW Ops teams on how to identify and mitigate risk exposures, enhance and develop control improvements & technical mechanisms, and further build prevention and detection controls. The team’s priority is to maintain the trust of our customers by providing high quality assurance and enable real-time decisions and growth. This role operates in a fast-paced, global, results-oriented environment.
You will work with the business, compliance, and legal to determine risk severity from a monetary and reputational standpoint for assessment prioritization purposes. You will be responsible for conducting program surveys to identify which programs carry the most risk and should be targeted for assessment, and on what schedule ongoing monitoring is required.
Additionally, this role will be responsible for developing targeted and broad based training programs to address the weaknesses identified during the assessment process, as well as based on new regulatory requirements that may impact Amazon operations now or in the future.
You will coordinate with regional program managers and global program managers to complete assessments, assign and track remedial actions, write and drive policy, and conduct training. You will engage with regulatory and business subject matter experts to create best in class mechanisms for risk mitigation.
The successful candidate must have relentless commitment to quality and high standards, demonstrated experience in raising the bar at a team and company level, and a background in risk and control frameworks with logistics, operations, and technology areas.
This position will be based in Seattle, WA and may require 20% travel, including international travel.
Principal Duties may include, but not limited to:
· Develop broad program assessment methodologies and guidelines for standardization of assessments, that incorporates regulatory and Amazon minimum standards.
· Create targeted, program-based assessments using established risk methodologies.
· Conduct assessments on current programs with the goal of identifying weaknesses and risk.
· Work with internal program managers to develop paths to green for identified weaknesses, including systematic/technical solutions.
· Verify action item progress using an established post-assessment check-in.
· Develop training methodologies and processes based on compliance requirements.
· Develop regulatory based targeted trainings to address identified weakness.
· Contribute to business operations & compliance metrics.
· Bachelor's degree in business, finance, accounting, engineering, information systems or a related field
· 10+ years of industry experience of increasing responsibility leading audit or compliance teams and building & driving risk management processes, methodologies and tools/technologies.
· Compliance experience in operations, transportation, logistics industry
· A mix of compliance and program management experience
· Experience reviewing compliance processes and standards
· Ability to demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations
· Ability to turn complex compliance requirements into scalable processes
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Expert analytical and computer skills
· 8 + years interacting regularly and directly with senior executives.
· Superior communication and analytical skills, including strong ability to identify and solve ambiguous problems.
· Proven ability to lead cross-functional teams through influence versus direct management.
· Ability to thrive in a startup-like environment.