The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Sales Strategy, Operations, and Enablement (SSOE) team is seeking an experienced Content Strategist to develop an integrated AWS content and collaboration strategy for the AWS field portal.
The AWS field portal is a one-stop resource for important content, communications, tools, training, and other resources. It aims to support the field in quickly finding the information necessary to effectively do their jobs and serve customers. Relevant, timely, accurate information helps promote understanding of and alignment to AWS strategic priorities. This fosters a successful dialogue with customers, accelerates sales onboarding, and helps the field operate more efficiently.
In this content strategy role, you will define, develop, and maintain principles, standards, and repeatable processes to guide and govern the creation, maintenance, management, and delivery of sales content. You will be responsible for understanding the needs of the business and our sellers, and working backwards to design an impactful information experience. Your primary focus is to define the content that is required to support AWS field members, and determine when and how that content should be prepared and delivered. You will work closely with the Information Architect and Content Program Managers to curate, structure, and govern content. You’ll earn trust with subject matter experts from Sales, Marketing, Business Development, Solutions Architecture, Professional Services, Platform Development, and Training. Through these partnerships, you will build a content portfolio that enables the field in achieving its organizational imperatives.
The ideal candidate has a track record of driving enterprise-level content strategy and managing complex projects with multiple stakeholders and competing priorities. You will possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills and an ability to translate ambiguity and incomplete information into insights and bias for action. You will have a customer-obsessed and data-driven approach, a strong desire to learn and be curious, and a willingness to dive deep to get things done.
- Drive website content curation strategy: maintain fresh and relevant curated content experiences; audit existing content and locate relevant content to curate; provide content type recommendations that align with customer personas and journeys.
- Align content strategy with the business direction and initiatives, ensuring that the portfolio of content assets supports priorities.
- Conduct research on the field enablement portal’s audience to define who they are and what information they need, to continuously inform a comprehensive content portfolio.
- Work with key content contributors in Product Marketing, Business Development, Training, Enablement, and Communications to ensure the required content is sourced and prepared in keeping with requirements.
- Lead the team in defining personalization and localization strategy.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the content ecosystem to drive adoption of the field enablement portal to support customer and business requirements.
- Collaborate with web analytics partners to develop user insights and recommend actions.
- Across all roles and geographies, measure, track, and analyze results to provide recommendations for maximizing the efficiency and effectiveness of content.
- Contribute to the corporate-level AWS vision for knowledge management by participating in Communities of Practice.
Evangelize the principles of minimalism and user-centered design, bringing an outside-in perspective from the content domain for best practices, current technologies, and industry trends.
- 7+ years’ experience in the content discipline, leading enterprise-level content strategy in a high-growth technology company.
- Experience as a Content Program Manager using a data-driven approach to lead organizational improvements.
- Exceptional collaboration, communication, and writing skills.
- Experience using web analytics to measure content performance and identify actionable insights.
- An individual who can easily transition from high level strategic thinking to creative and detailed execution.
- Ability to operate successfully in a lean, fast-paced organization with grace and efficiency.
- Excellent at creating and maintaining working relationships across all levels and disciplines.
- A deep customer obsession and dedication to the user experience.
- A curious self-starter with a proven track record of diving into unknown territory and pushing your comfort zone.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
- Other preferred locations: Seattle, WA/ New York, NY/ Austin, TX/ Palo Alto, CA/ San Francisco, CA/ Los Angeles, CA/ or other Virtual locations in the US where Amazon has a presence will be considered.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.