At Amazon we believe that every day is still day one.
A day to take a first step. A day to look forward to new challenges. And today is that day for you. It's your day to be part of something great. A day to make your ideas come to life. And your day to join a company that redefines itself every day. That's the energy and passion behind Amazon. At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright and driven people. Amazon is one of the most recognizable brand names in the world and we distribute millions of products each year to our loyal customers.
As Amazon continues to grow rapidly worldwide Amazon HR will implement a new HCM system and as a result Employee Services team is looking to hire a Workday Project Manager with HCM launch readiness experience based out of Seattle. In this role, you will collaborate with People Technology, HR Services Operational Teams, Project Managers from Other workstreams and Regional Change Managers across the globe to define and implement Launch Readiness for all phases of the roll out of Workday. We are looking for a self-motivated candidate with excellent communication skills who has lead HCM Launch Readiness across a large organization and has the ability to influence others and collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders.
The successful candidate will have deep knowledge of Workday or other HCM system implementations with launch readiness experience. The role holder will have proven global experience and a track record of effective decision-making based on the analysis of data and operational metrics. They will also raise the bar in the areas of customer obsession, ownership, bias for action and delivering results.
· Build and drive the plan for how work will get to ES teams with the launch of Workday during the interim period (between Workday go lives) including the Workday to Remedy Connector, incorporating both technical and operational tasks for ES.
· Develop and maintain project plans, identify resource needs, and manage project schedule; collaborate effectively across teams to agree timelines and deliverables.
· Develop roll back / contingency plans for for each launch.
· Develop communication and escalation plan for launch readiness activities.
· Acts as the main point of escalation for all Remedy issues and escalated to leadership as required.
· Provide status reporting to project leadership and key stakeholders.
· Monitor services through the multiple phases of Launch up to stabilization, ensuring operational teams (ERC and Delivery) are able to maintain service continuity and seamless support as HR go live with Workday.
· Responsible for developing and presenting to leadership both the interim support model prior to and during launch and also the future organizational structure based on the finalized design of Workday.
· Partnering with PTech, ES Teams and Partner Teams to successfully support ES launch Readiness.
· Bachelor’s degree.
· Ticket/Case Management, Workday or other HCM implementation experience.
· Reporting and analytics experience.
· Exposure to Workday /other HCM cut over project management.
· Proven expertise in business reengineering / transformation using lean and six sigma methodologies.
· A formal qualification in project management and change management is desirable.
· Highly organized, able to prioritize and work under pressure on a number of projects/initiatives at the same time.
· Ability to communicate effectively, tailoring approach and messages effectively to the specific needs of the audience.
· Fluent in English with one other language being an advantage.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.