At Amazon, we’re working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, creative, and driven people. If you want to help make history and have fun, Amazon is the place for you.
Do you want to be part of a team that influences the quarterly messaging communicated externally by CFO? This role focuses primarily on revenue modeling and external revenue guidance and is a unique opportunity to provide valuable input to our CFO and Investor Relations team. This role will hone your forecasting skills as you build and improve the revenue models which supplement the bottoms-up revenue forecasts from our many businesses. This Finance Manager will employ statistical models to provide insight into the trends, risks, and opportunities as we develop guidance ranges communicated to The Street. Additionally, this role will have opportunities to work with our systems teams to improve our processes and forecast accuracy. The successful candidate will be able to interpret financial results, effectively communicate a business narrative, and implement mechanisms uncovering new insights at scale.
· Produce the 3-month forward looking revenue forecast for the entire company
· Enhance existing forecasting models
· Build executive level presentations highlighting the quarterly revenue and operating income guidance ranges
· Present ad hoc business analysis and recommendations to senior management
· Recommend improvements and provide scoping documents for system and process enhancements
BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science) or equivalent and a minimum 7 years of finance experience, or master’s degree and 5 years of experience.
· Master's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or related field.
· 7+ years of relevant finance experience.
· Strong analytic, financial modeling and reporting skills.
· Comfortable with large volumes of complex data
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to comfortably and confidently present to all levels within the enterprise and work with both technical and non-technical individuals
· Attention to detail, and ability to deal with ambiguity
· Knowledge of SQL, database, and data mining is desirable
· Proficiency in financial software and systems including Excel, COGNOS or comparable forecast aggregation software
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.