Project Kuiper is an initiative to launch a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide low-latency, high-speed broadband connectivity to unserved and underserved communities around the world.
Come work at Amazon!
As a Sr. Digital RF Engineer, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative product solutions. You will work closely with an internal inter-disciplinary team, and outside partners to drive key aspects of product definition, execution and optimization. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
As a senior member of the Digital RF Systems team, you will be responsible for architecture, simulation, and End to End model implementation (Matlab/C/C++/System C/HDL) of hybrid and digital phased arrays beam forming systems. Based on system level constraints, you will develop a solution supporting high throughput / availability, low power, flexibility in capacity, and optimized for RF system constraints. Members of this team will focus on the signal chain from modem interface to RF front-end module.
You also will be providing reference models for the IC (Integrated Circuit) design team, be involved in the verification and validation of the algorithms and the Phased arrays systems from concept to space ready hardware and software.
In this role you will:
· Innovate for lowest power consumption and highest reliability
· Develop and model Digital Signal Processing algorithms for FPGA and ASIC implementation,
· Develop and model multi-beam beamforming systems
· Develop and model RF transceivers behavioral models
· Develop and model impairments compensation and system calibration methods for the phased array system
. Innovate to enhance in spectral efficiency and address RF impairments
· Work collaboratively with network and communications systems as well as chip and Firmware implementation teams
· Simulate / trade-off analysis / validate digital beam forming implementations and architectures
· Bring up prototype and production systems in conjunction with implementation teams
· Meet with vendors and technology suppliers to select technologies
Export Control Requirement:
Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
· Bachelor's degree in Electrical / Communications Engineering or related field
· 5+ years of experience in RF design, HW DSP design, DSP algorithm, or SDR implementation experience
· Experience in wireless system simulation, bit true design and architecture, system integration
· Matlab, C/C++, Python simulation experience
. Cycle and fixed point accurate modeling experience.
· Experience in communication Theory, OFDM, MIMO, Digital/Wireless Communication Systems and RF engineering
· Experience with deployed RF communication systems
· Master’s / PhD degree in Electrical / Communications Engineering or related field
. RF systems line up experience
. High Level Synthesis (HLS) or RTL experience
. Space (LEO) design experience a plus
· Good analytical, problem solving and communication skills
. Active analog / digital beamforming phased arrays for communications or radar
· Pre and post digital and RF/Mixed signal silicon validation experience a plus· Experience with current and upcoming RF standards in cellular (4G/5G NR), WiMAX, 802.11ad, microwave backhaul, or similar broadband wireless standards
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age