Amazon's Product Assurance, Risk and Security (PARS) Team is looking for a smart, energetic, and creative Applied Scientist to apply and extend state-of-the-art research in NLP, probabilistic graphs, knowledge graphs, multi-modal inputs, domain adaptation, meta-learning, and large multi-label hierarchical classification to join the Machine Learning team in Seattle. At Amazon, we are working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. Millions of customers trust us to ensure a safe shopping experience. This is an exciting and challenging position to drive research that will shape new ML solutions for product and food safety, and restricted product compliance in order to achieve best-in-class, company-wide standards around product assurance.
You will analyze and process large amounts of tabular, textual, and product image data from historical orders, product detail pages, selling partner details and customer feedback, evaluate state-of-the-art algorithms and frameworks, and develop new algorithms to improve safety and compliance mechanisms. You will partner with engineers and product managers to design new ML solutions implemented across the entire Amazon product catalog.
- Lead and develop other scientists in the team.
- Raise the bar for science excellence across PARS
- Evaluate state-of-the-art algorithms in NLP, probabilistic graphs, multi-modal inputs, domain adaptation, meta-learning, and large multi-label hierarchical classification
- Design new algorithms that improve on the state-of-the-art to drive business impact.
- Collaborate with product, UX, and tech partners to experiment new product features in production to automate investigations and increase throughput
- Design and plan collection of new labels that allow us to develop better approaches that will further improve product assurance and customer trust.
- Analyze and convey results to stakeholders and contribute to the research and product roadmap
· MS in Computer Science, Machine Learning, NLP or other relevant area
· 4+ years of practical work experience in building, iterating and deploying production code in end-to-end multimodal solutions
· Proficiency in Python, and text data manipulation
· Understanding of computer science fundamentals such as data structures, object-oriented design and service-oriented architectures
· Ability to convey Machine Learning concepts and considerations to non-experts
· PhD in Computer Science, Machine Learning, NLP or other relevant area
· 6+ years of practical work experience in building, iterating and deploying production code in end-to-end multimodal solutions
· Experience working with distributed processing of terabytes of tabular and text data
· Significant peer reviewed scientific contributions in relevant field
· Experience defining organizational research and development practices in industry
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.