Imagine being a part of a small, agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions within a matter of months. Picture working on groundbreaking products, where every team member has a powerful voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to use the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon ReCommerce, a new worldwide effort to utilize the reach and scale of Amazon to give products a second life through grading, repair, inventory management, listing, pricing, and more.
We are a group that has fun at work, cares about the impact of our products, and is not just focused on the bottom line. Our growing team has the rare opportunity of directly impacting the sustainability of our planet by keeping tens of thousands of tons of products out off landfills every year. We are backed by a strong leadership group dedicated to operational excellence that empowers a reasonable work-life balance. As an established, experienced team, we offer the scope and support needed to achieve substantial career growth. Come join us and innovate with the Amazon ReCommerce team!
The Amazon ReCommerce team located in Seattle is looking for a technology leader to define, organize and lead high-performing teams across Amazon in delivering projects for our recoveries initiatives. A Senior Technical Program Manager position in Amazon is a role reserved for the few outstanding technical leaders with exceptional accomplishments in program and project management. If you feel excited by the challenge of setting the course for strategic company wide initiatives, and being hands-on involved in the delivery of these initiatives, this may be the next big career move for you.
As a Technical Program Manager on the team:
- You will have end to end ownership of cross-functional projects, including product definition, roadmap planning, resource planning and project execution.
- Along with business initiatives, you will also lead the definition and execution of strategic projects aimed at reducing the total cost and time to market for launch.
- You will work closely with business and operations leadership, including executive leadership at Amazon, to define the product and provide updates on the program.
- At the heart of this role is delivery. You will be hands-on in driving the delivery of critical business initiatives, managing all aspects of the project such as project planning, requirements definition, risk management, communication, and implementation planning.
- You will be a technical problem solver on the team, identifying innovative solutions to project deadlocks and resolving issues and constraints through consensus and sound judgment.
- You will be responsible for making project decisions, achieving tactical goals while retaining a strategic focus.
- You will work closely with the development teams and play a leadership role in product architecture and design
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience;
- 7+ years of Software Development experience; 7+ years of experience in leading engineering teams
- Technology background, especially in a service-oriented environment with a deep understanding of software development and e-commerce products.
- Deep understanding of project and program management with 5-7 yrs of experience in a fast paced environment taking a product through its complete lifecycle using Agile methodologies and delivering highly scalable and robust systems.
- Proven track record of leading large cross-functional software projects.
- Ability to roll up sleeves and operate as an individual contributor to get the job done; at the same time be able to guide a team toward an objective.
- Ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders and key partners for the program
- Strong judgment, especially relevant in balancing long term strategic investments with near term business goals.
- Able to provide architectural guidance and direction throughout the project lifecycle.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with developers, business owners, and senior business leaders.
- Experience with e-commerce platforms, merchants or logistics
- Masters Degree in Computer Sciences or Business Administration
- Ability to manage between technical teams and business stakeholders
- Synthesize requirements and underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines. This will include writing detailed functional and test specification, coordinating efforts to scope, schedule, and deploy new features
- Maturity, judgment, negotiation/influence skills, analytical skills, and leadership skills
- Familiarity with web services, multi-tiered systems, workflow modeling and enterprise application integration
- Strong business and technical vision
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment