Our team is a global UX team focused on getting our selling partners the help they need, when and how they need it. Our customers are all around the world and include people who sell on Amazon, and our associates who provide them with support.
Our expertise includes UX Research, Design and Prototyping. We work on projects ranging from rapid iterative UX Design on tactical projects, to major strategic efforts that rethink how we provide support to our customers. We partner with internal stakeholders to create user experiences that help, surprise and delight our customers. We do not work in a silo, we work together.
We are looking for a talented, motivated UX Designer to join our team. We want someone who can learn fast, and isn't afraid to ask questions; someone who can speak with and listen to stakeholders and customers; someone who can be a trusted partner, and work with business and engineering to deliver solutions that will raise the bar for customer experience.
What can we offer you in return? First - a great team to work with. You will join a team of designers, prototypers and researchers who shape and simplify the experiences of our selling partners and associates through a human-centered design process that balances data, customer insights, problem solving, craftsmanship and discerning taste.
You'll have some very interesting challenges and projects. You'll be able to create solutions that scale utilizing multiple tools to communicate your ideas such as journey maps, user flows, task analysis, competitive audits, storyboards, wireframes, prototypes, mockups, pattern systems and design specifications. You'll also have a voice in defining, and choosing projects where you think you'll have most impact.
You'll be able to grow in this role. There are senior designers on our team (and outside too) who'll provide you with support and mentorship in UX, and more broadly a lot of business and engineering partners who are happy to share what they know. You'll also have impact - our leadership are passionate about UX, and they want to know about our work, and the experiences we're working on.
Note - this role is available in Detroit or in Seattle.
- Participate in the planning process for new features and projects
- Develop and contribute to wireframes, mockups, and interactive prototypes
- Partner with engineering and business teams to solve for customer needs.
- Drive the development and evaluation of usability studies to inform customer requirements, shape the designs and evaluate the final products.
- Lead internal sessions, customer reviews, and usability events to gather feedback and data on design effectiveness
- Produce world-class designs and gain buy-in on them across all levels of project stakeholders
- Partner with other teams to influence UX patterns across the Amazon platform
3-5 years of professional work experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar UX-related role, on enterprise products.
· An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating a range of artifacts developed in creating a variety of visual solutions.
· Understanding of information architecture, user interface design, and visual design sensibility.
· Proven track record of delivering compelling visual solutions.
· Ability to expertly articulate ideas, design decisions, and design work to senior level stakeholders.
· Proven experience influencing senior-level product managers, design leadership, and engineering leadership on best design solutions using data as a rationale for decisions.
· Solid written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present a strong rationale for design decisions.
Experience with UX design for complex workflows for niche enterprise user bases (e.g. technical users, banking users, medical professionals, etc.).
· Strong time management skills and the ability to provide design leadership-level work independently.
· A bachelor's degree in interaction design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or related UX degree is ideal.
· Track record of user-centered design approaches and acvitivities (e.g., conducting usability studies, performing user research) is a big plus.