Amazon Web Services (AWS) is growing rapidly, and we are looking for a Data Center Technician Intern to join our expanding Infrastructure Operations team. This 12-16 week paid internship offers the opportunity to work in one of the most cutting edge data centers in the world. Internships are flexible in length and start date to fit in with you and your university’s requirements. Our data centers are large-scale, high-density centers where you will be working on changing the face of Cloud technology in the region.
The Data Center Technician Intern will help ensure overall availability and reliability to meet or exceed defined service levels of data center operations. This position involves hardware and network diagnostics followed by physical repair. The intern will install equipment, create documentation, innovate solutions, and fix complex problems within the data center space. All candidates should be willing to work both independently and with a team. Work prioritization, organizational skills, effective communication, and the ability to react quickly are critical to being successful.
Our Data Center Technician group is composed of self-starters and highly motivated individuals who can adhere to strict processes and be able to perform repetitive tasks with no deviation and demonstrate continuously consistent results. They work in a team environment not only with other members of the team but also from other teams and must be able to communicate and promote cross-team functionality. The group adheres to strict Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) that ensures customer data is protected and properly handled.
· Assist with basic networking removal/installation and clearing of configurations.
· Help ensure overall availability and reliability to meet or exceed defined service levels of data center operations.
· Involvement with hardware and network diagnostics followed by physical repair.
· Work both independently and with a team.
· Prioritize work and demonstrate organization and communication skills.
· Install equipment, create documentation, innovate solutions, and fix complex problems within the data center space.
Physical Requirements: All physical requirements are expected with reasonable accommodations
· Regularly lift and/or move up to 16 kilos unassisted; and participate in group lifts for heavier weights.
· Continuously climb and descend stairs safely (applies to sites with stairs).
· Reach and stretch to position equipment and fixtures while maintaining balance.
· Push or pull heavy objects into position.
· Some travel may be required.
· In pursuit of obtaining a diploma, higher certificate or bachelor's degree in IT, Networking, Computing, Hardware or related field.
· Meet the physical requirements with reasonable accommodations.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Familiarity with computer hardware component and operating systems.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/ Age
EU student Programs