Did you know that over 58% of Amazon’s gross merchandise sales come from independent third-party Sellers on Amazon? The Amazon Marketplace enables over 2 million third-party Sellers in eleven marketplaces to offer their products for sale to Amazon customers across the world.
We are hiring software engineers with a strong sense of ownership and a passion for delivering large-scale solutions to support Amazon Business International within our Marketplace organization. This is an opportunity to join the business at an early stage and build a new technology solution in the very earliest days of this business.
Amazon Business is serving the needs of business customers – from the smallest sole proprietors to multi-national corporations, government agencies and non-profit organizations. We launched Amazon Business in the US in 2015. Following successful growth, we have now launched in seven international countries (UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, India and Japan). This is a fast-growing and important part of Amazon’s future e-commerce business with great potential to invent at a worldwide scale.
Our goal as a team is to create a seamless global shopping experience for all Amazon Business Customers and Sellers worldwide. Successful software engineers candidates must be innovative, flexible, self-directed and able to design and write high-performance, reliable and maintainable code. The ability to function with a broad understanding of business in a fast paced environment along with a team of talented engineers is essential. If you thrive in such an environment, we’d love to talk to you!
Who says building a career can’t be fun?
· As an early member of Amazon Seller Services, you will have the unique opportunity to develop critical product features that are closely tied to real world problems.
· You will invent solutions to enable services to Amazon that has never been done in the past.
· You will be addressing solutions to complex problems that are unique to our international customers.
· You will have the opportunity to design, implement and test highly scalable solutions using AWS cloud platform and its many products, in challenging agile projects, working with best in class professionals.
· You will have the opportunity to own systems architecture end to end and influence the direction of our technology that impacts hundreds of millions of customers around the world.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline.
· 8+ years industry experience as a Software Engineer or Software Developer.
· Strong Computer Science and development fundamentals, including object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, and complexity analysis.
· Demonstrated proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, Python, C++, C.
· Experience serving as technical lead throughout the full software development lifecycle, end-to-end, from scoping, planning, conception, design, implementation, and testing to documentation, delivery and maintenance.
· Knowledge of professional software engineering and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
· Experience building large-scale software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
· Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end software systems and all points in between.
· Experience driving the architecture, engineering and software design of large-scale, multi-tiered, distributed software applications, databases, tools, systems, and services using service-oriented architecture, object-oriented design and distributed programming.
· Master’s degree or PHD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline.
· 10+ years industry experience as a Software Engineer or Software Developer.
· Experience communicating with users, software development engineering teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features and technical designs.
· A high degree of pragmatism in building the simplest thing that does the job; we want to use technology to solve real-world problems expediently, not indulge in over-designed, unnecessarily intricate software architecture.
· A good understanding of SDLC models and a track record of shipping software efficiently.
· Ability to recognize the difference between building software and shipping software.
· Experience and/or a strong interest in machine learning, data mining, and/or statistical analysis tools and software such as Familiarity with professional software engineering & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing and operations.
· Demonstrated ability to mentor junior software engineers or software developers in all aspects of their engineering duties.
· Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements and underlying feature requests
· Recommend alternative technical and business approaches and take ownership of engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions.
· Deep hands-on technical expertise, excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation