At Amazon, we are committed to being the Earth’s most customer-centric company. The International Technology group (InTech) owns the enhancement and delivery of Amazon’s cutting-edge engineering to all the varied customers and cultures of the world. We do this through a combination of partnerships with other Amazon technical teams and our own innovative new projects.
You will be joining the EU Lifecycle team is to evolve the onsite experience by understanding and serving the needs of customers at each stage of their relationship with Amazon. You will contribute to doing this by helping us identify the right promotions to show a customer given their interests and intent on Amazon using challenging machine learning and data analysis solutions. You will be exposed to cutting edge big data and machine learning technologies and you'll be part of a key effort to improve our customers experience.
We are looking for a passionate, talented, and inventive Scientist with a strong machine learning background to help build industry-leading machine learning solutions. As the successful applicant for this role, you will with work closely with your business partners to identify opportunities for innovation. You will apply machine learning solutions to automate manual processes, to scale existing systems, to name just a few. You will own the definition, training and validation of the machine learning models, and you will work closely with the software engineering team to deploy and operate these models at scale.
Your work will improve the experience of millions of daily customers using Amazon in Europe and in other regions. You will have the chance to have great customer impact and continue growing in one of the most innovative companies in the world. You will learn a huge amount - and have a lot of fun - in the process!
· M.Sc. or PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics or related field.
· 3+ years of hands-on experience in designing, developing and assessing new solutions using machine learning techniques.
· Proficiency with Python.
· Knowledge of Software Development (data structures, algorithms, etc) with experience in Java, C, C++ or other object-oriented language.
· Results oriented person with a delivery focus.
· Ph.D. in Machine Learning.
· Experience with Machine Learning applied to e-commerce experiences.