Prime Video is an industry leading, high-growth business and a critical driver of Amazon Prime subscriptions, which contributes to customer loyalty and lifetime value. Prime Video is a digital video streaming and download service that offers Amazon customers the ability to rent, purchase or subscribe to a huge catalog of videos. The Prime Video and Music Economist team is looking for a Senior Economist to support strategic projects in the Amazon Video business. Amazon Video provides value to our customers as both a key Prime membership benefit and separately as a retail outlet for digital downloads and streams of top TV and Movie titles.
As an economist focusing on Amazon Video, you will be responsible for understanding the value that the business creates for our customers and to develop new, disruptive innovations to grow global Prime Video usage and customer value. This role requires an individual with strong quantitative modeling skills and the ability to apply statistical/machine learning, econometric, and experimental design methods to large amount of individual level data. The candidate should have strong communication skills, be able to work closely with stakeholders and translate data-driven findings into actionable insights. The successful candidate will be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, with strong attention to detail and ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
The candidate's responsibilities will include:
· Build scalable analytic solutions using state of the art tools based on large datasets
· Build econometric models, conduct statistical/machine learning analyses, or design experiments to measure the value of the business and its many features
· Partner closely with Business, Finance, Science, and Tech partners to build prototypes and implement production solutions
· Independently identify new opportunities for leveraging economic insights and models in the Video business
· Develop and execute product workplans from concept, prototype to production incorporating feedback from customers, scientists and business leaders
· Write both technical white papers and business-facing documents to clearly explain complex technical concepts to audiences with diverse business/scientific backgrounds
· Ph.D. in economics or highly related finance field
· +2 years work experience in applied statistics, econometrics, or consulting
· Experience in working with big datasets.
· Experience in using one of Stata, R, or Python is required
· Experience with consumer-level data analysis
· Experience with program evaluation methodologies such as propensity-score matching and synthetic control
· Experience working with tech teams to launch production models and to conduct experiments at scale
· Proficiency in one or more production languages (Python, Scala, Java, C++)
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation