Are you inspired by building new technologies to benefit customers? Do you dream of being at the forefront of robotics and autonomous system technology? Would you enjoy working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, start-up like environment? If you answered yes to any of these then you've got to check out the Amazon Scout team.
We’ve been hard at work developing a new, fully-electric delivery system – Amazon Scout – designed to get packages to customers using autonomous delivery devices. These devices were created by Amazon, are the size of a small cooler, and roll along sidewalks at a walking pace. We developed Amazon Scout at our research and development lab in Seattle, ensuring the devices can safely and efficiently navigate around pets, pedestrians and anything else in their path.
The Amazon Scout team shares a passion for innovation using advanced technologies, a love of solving complex challenges, and a desire to impact customers in a meaningful way. We're looking for individuals who like dealing with ambiguity, solving hard, large scale problems, and working in a startup like environment. To learn more about Amazon Scout, check out our Amazon Day One Blog post here: http://amazon.com/scout
As an Applied Scientist for the Mobility team, you have the chance to help develop cutting-edge robotic technology using your expertise in any of the following fields: robotics, autonomous systems, computer vision, machine learning, SLAM, path/motion planning, computer graphics, photogrammetry or 3D reconstruction. In this job you will:
· Collaborate closely with software engineers, applied researchers and hardware teams.
· Take responsibility for technical problem solving, including creatively meeting product objectives and developing best practices.
· Interact with teammates in variety of roles to accomplish your goals.
· Identify and initiate investigations of new technologies, prototype and test solutions for product features, and design and validate designs that deliver an exceptional user experience.
· Recruit, hire and develop other applied scientists.
Submit your resume today and we will review and contact you for any relevant opportunities - we are hiring at all levels, for multiple specialties!
· Ph.D in Robotics, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, or a related engineering field
· A thorough understanding of both best practices for practical systems and the state-of-the-art in academic research
· 3 + experience developing software in C++ or Python
· 3+ years of industry experience in Robotics
· Experience with control systems, computer vision or machine learning systems, or numerical methods
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.