Do you get excited about working on scientific problems that will have a large, significant and lasting impact for Amazon customers? Are you interested in Computer Vision and Machine Learning? Are you thrilled working in a startup-like environment? Search no more! We have an opening for a (Sr.) Applied Scientist in Berlin.
As a (Sr.) Applied Scientist, you will be driving projects and prototypes in the field of image optimisation/rendering for Amazon Retail Experiences. The team's scope includes but is not limited to: understanding perceptual image quality, optimising content (file standard compliant), thinking about novel Machine Learning inspired compression approaches and leveraging Computer Vision for content-aware image rendering (e.g., through image feature extraction).
Some of your key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Build machine learning models (e.g., for image feature extraction)
· Develop optimisation strategies (e.g., for image optimisation)
· Collaborate with software development engineers to get scientific ideas into production quickly
· Join/lead scientific reading groups and engage with the scientific community (within Amazon and beyond)
· Think outside the box and identify novel opportunities for a better customer experience
More information on the team's past work and impact for Amazon Retail Experiences page can be found on the Amazon Blog: https://blog.aboutamazon.de/forschung-entwicklung/bildoptimierung-made-in-t%C3%BCbingen
Your work will impact the shopping experience for millions of Amazon customers every day. Your ideas allow a fast path to production at scale and help us reshape the way we think about image rendering and delivery at Amazon.
· PhD in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operational Research, Statistics or a related quantitative field
· Peer reviewed scientific contributions in relevant field (e.g., CVPR, ICCV, ECCV, ICML, NeurIPS, ICLR)
· Experience in Python or C/C++
· Experience wich Machine Learning frameworks such as Tensorflow, MXNet or PyTorch
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Expert knowledge of Computer Vision and/or Machine Learning, in particular: lower-level computer vision, signal processing, imaging and video standards, CNNs
· Experience applying theoretical models in an applied environment
· Industry experience (1+ yrs)
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.