Play a key role in the adoption of Amazon Private Brands by working on a range of challenging problems related to discovery, selection and customer feedback. Working closely with a team of Applied Scientists, and product managers, you will help solve hard problems in the Private Brands space. These include: How can customers discover Private Brands in existing locations; what products are we missing in our selection today that can be successful as a private brand; how do we surface the right product information from existing data for customers to make informed choices and set the right expectations.
Private Brands (Amazon Brands such as Wickedly Prime, Amazon Elements, Mama Bear, Happy Belly, Presto!) is one of the top initiatives with Amazon Retail with aggressive business goals in terms of product discoverability, customer acquisition and retention. Our vision is to provide value to Amazon customers through highly-rated, highly-profitable products. The Private Brands tech team is seeking an SDE willing to work on a range of problems with aggressive priorities and help launch these features in production.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will use cutting edge technology to solve new problems that didn’t exist before and have the ability to see the impact of your successes. You will design flexible and scalable solutions, and work on some of the most complex challenges in large-scale computing by utilizing your skills in data structures, algorithms, and object oriented programming. You will influence the direction of our technology that impacts hundreds of millions customers around the world.
· Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or related technical discipline
· 4+ years of experience as a Software Development Engineer
· Experience developing in at least one of OO languages - Java, C#/C++, Python
· Strong knowledge of software development methodology and tools, with demonstrated experience in an SDE role
· Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills (C/C++ and/or Java preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform)
· Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
· Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
· Experienced in Agile or Scrum software development methodologies
· Knowledge of Perl or other scripting languages a plus
· Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
· Experience in optimization mathematics (linear programming, nonlinear optimization)
· Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team
· Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity
Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation